• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

returning to work...

Started by TheJamsh, August 25, 2009, 03:46:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Does anyone else find that returning to modding after a break can be so unbelievably difficult to motivate yourself? As any keenish people may be aware i haven't been around as much lately, and rather than working on the addon pack i had going on ive been putting much more work into Serenesis and 'Rock Pools', and trying to work on other aspects of life other than BZ2.

The pack is great, but its becoming very difficult to motivate myself to continue... i WILL of course, right after TA5.1 is released because it will be 'ported' for want of a better word, and in this sense it can be a pain trying to constantly update things in private like this. I just want to re-assure people that the pack will be released however. Maybe in time for Christmas... we'll see. FS2 may steal the thunder a little and keep us all busy for a while, but i guess it'll deserve it :P.

I've got a bit of a hard slog the next week or so with work, but after my closest friends move away to uni im going to come back to it with avengeance. I know i haven't posted many updates recently but the pack is recieving tweaks here and there as the private patch changes, mainly prepping it for the new .dll's to write the features in, and Serenesis has had a tonne of work done the last few weeks compared to what i normally do on it.

I do however, have a feeling that the next few months are going to be good for BZ2. Fleshstorm 2 is due for release soonish (depending upon how beta testing goes. Thankfully im one of those [/brag]), a new private patch with more fixes is being worked on, G66 is becoming more and more insane, and the addon pack is coming along well to.

I just want to add a note, once the addon pack is out, i think im going to recurse into the shadows a little, and work on Serenesis the same way Slaor works on Epic. Quietly :).

This is breaching the OT's area...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Nielk1

Yea yea get to the AP pack again. I will submit more when I see the current status of the next beta. Stop waiting for me I'm being lazy ATM.

Click on the image...

Red Spot

This week I've gone back to 40h work from 60+h and I assumed the first thing I would do was pick up modding ... guess again ..
I'm having this week off after working 7 days a week for the last 6 weeks and havent done anything else but 'play' games :)
*Something intelligent, yet funny*

Nielk1

Today I got my wisdom teeth out and this Oxycodone is throwing me for a loop so if I act strange blame that.

Click on the image...