• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Human Society and what not...

Started by iron maiden, August 30, 2009, 09:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron maiden

I believe that the main problem in human society is in fact how far we have come. Our medical advances are capable of extending human life to twice and in rare instances three times as long as our shorter living ancestors about 10'000 years ago. This in turn causes less people to die off every year than normal, which results in dangerous expansion of a species that is currently incapable of deporting its population to others habitable celestial bodies. The second main problem is our advances in weaponry. Although we would like to see otherwise, we are still the descendants of the barbarians we call cavemen. The unwashed barbarians who were constantly fighting. All sentient life has the urge to fight over something, which is why so many different groups of people do not get along ie: Christians and Darwinians, Conservatives and liberals, England against France. With such incredible weaponry, our primevil urge for battle and feelings of hatred towards one another can have deadly affects on more people now then during roman or medieval times. Humanity must find away to put aside its differences and form some sort of human collective. We can no longer simply call ourselves American's and Russians, French and English, German's and Poles, Chinese or Japanese, we must unite under a single, temporary flag of union to save not just the planet but our own race. or die wishing we had.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

bigbadbogie

Quote from: iron maiden on August 30, 2009, 09:56:19 PM
Humanity must find away to put aside its differences and form some sort of human collective. We can no longer simply call ourselves American's and Russians, French and English, German's and Poles, Chinese or Japanese, we must unite under a single, temporary flag of union to save not just the planet but our own race. or die wishing we had.

Ever heard of the UN?
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Doesn't work very well though, does it? And it needs to be eveybody.

bigbadbogie

Well it's the best we could ever do.

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

iron maiden

trust me, we could do a heck of a lot better.the UN has lost much of its authority in world affairs [i quote the Israeli-Hamas conflict of earlier this year.]they still try's to give the illusion it does by playing the "peace and unity make the world better" card.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

sabrebattletank

Organization of American States!

-_-

Clavin12

I think the united states should un-unite a little bit into states under their on government but still held together by the federal government. Its what the constitutions about.
C l a v i n 1 2

Tempest Storm

That sounds a lot like the Articles of Confederation...that didn't work very well. :P

bigbadbogie

The United States has way too many states.

You have like 50 states in the same area that Australia has just 7. (Don't start on 'Territories' anyone.)

Sorry... just felt like hijacking the topic and posting something completely random.

Oh wait... you already hijacked the topic...  :-P

My BZ2 mods:

Clavin12

Quote from: Tempest Storm on September 02, 2009, 02:22:23 AM
That sounds a lot like the Articles of Confederation...that didn't work very well. :P

What I'm trying to say is that the constitution put a lot more power in the state government than they have now, and our government is too big to work well.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

America's 46 states and 4 commonwealths are all larger than certain countries (Monaco anyone?) but splitting them up into seperate countries would cause chaos. Not only would each of the states go ahead and do their own thing, but the entire US government would need to be dissolved first, resulting in a period of chaos. The transfer wouldn't go smoothly. It's easy enough to do one way, but the other? Not going to happen. The last thing the world needs is for the US to separate.

Clavin12

I didn't say that they should dissolve into individual countries. All that I'm saying is that they should have a little more freedom than they do now.
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

As long as we're playing the "who should govern America's territories?" game, I wish to point out: WASHINGTON, DC.

States, stop complaining. At least you have a Senator. Or two. Actually two.

Lucky.

Clavin12

I agree with you about DC but just because one problem is bigger than another doesn't mean the smaller doesn't matter.
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

The extent of Federalism is a common theme in American history. Our Civil War was fought over it.