• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Is there any good reason to keep 1.2 installed on my system?

Started by BNG Da BZ Fool, July 02, 2009, 01:02:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axeminister

I keep 1.2 installed because of G66, Skywars and Starfleet.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

BNG Da BZ Fool

Quite a bit of mods and maps seem to have been made for 1.2; I didn't know about G66 though. Something inside says to keep 1.2, but part says stop trying to mod for it. Then I just get confused about making stuff under 1.2 and how to make the move to making stuff servicable for 1.3 and above. I know the change logs are key to understanding this stuff, but like most peeps I scavenge through all of the different mods and maps to make my own stuff, so I guess I'll just have to get use to mixed results. ZTV, is a exceptional mod by any measure.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

AHadley

I work in much the same way, I have never read the changelogs (though I know damn well I should) and I just work things based on other people's work (without copying it). It is easy enough to do with TA5, you may just need to adjust a little.

There are so many new things you can do.

Red Devil

What box???

AHadley

I might give it a try... hold on, I thought the TA5 one was still being written?

VSMIT

It gives enough of a base that you can use it until the TA5 one is released.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

ZTV will work in 1.3 now. Just waiting for someone to patch it over... tum-ti-tum...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

I still keep an install of 1.2, and also of everything between PB3 and TA5. Waiting on my BZ2 disk to get TA5.1...

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

I think that would actually take longer than going and fetching the disk from my friend, given the huge amount of mods on 1.2 :lol: