• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Favorite mission

Started by iron maiden, September 06, 2009, 08:27:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron maiden

I figured it would be a good idea to create a thread where people could discuss their favorite Battlezone 2 and forgotten enemies missions and how you go about them. Makes for an interesting read.

I'll post my first favorite for now and post the other later.:

My favorite mission is the FE mission Sheep's clothing I go about it by:

Setting my turrets up on the small hill where you begin, place the regular scouts near where you appear, and place the tanks to the side of my hammers. i then have both  service trucks repair me quickly and then i zip out to intercept the first few incoming xypos'. I find if you take to initial three or four that come at you, it temporarily slows down the attack, giving your side more time. As i fight these, i find that my missile scouts come near me to aid, resulting in me having to bring them back to my forces. After this, the Xares and hedoux will attack along with a few more Xypos', if your force has suffered little damage, you should be able to quickly repel the Hedoux and drive off the Xares,[during the fray you are probobly going to need to head behind the hammers to get repaired.]As i take out the Xares i run into a bit of a snag, the Walkers are getting close and the Zeus' are on their way. If the walkers stop where the plateau makes the turn towards the incoming forces, the photon torpedoes of your hammers can do quite a bit of damage. If,[and that's a big if.] you kill at least one of the walkers, your job just got a heck of a lot easier. the zeus' on the other hand are a very big problem. Their high powered weaponry do a number on my units and are tricky to make a dent in. If I you survive through those, I'm usually dealing with the locusts as the attack force has has lost most of its units by now, this will also be around the time "Wessex" will come on the radio. I immediately zip down the trail and leave the remainder of my force behind to hold off the remaining force. I rush through the portal with about thirty seconds left on the clock and repair myself while the recycler takes off down the path. i take out the patrolling scouts with ease and wait for the recycler and transport to make it to the next plateau. I simply drop down and head towards the ship yard when ordered and snipe the two turrets nearby. I usually get off the second shot just as my transport passes me by. i then let the pilots take command of their vehicle's head back with me to the recycler. with plenty of fire power at my disposal, i take out the two spike's and turrets guarding the portal and wait for my reclcler to pass through, destroying the krull that pops out the other side.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Axeminister

I've always liked the last Scion mission because you have to build up slowly. Take a pool, put turrets, then towers, move to next pool, repeat. It also taught me to keep building, even under fire.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Vid

The final scion mission also has Braddock getting reinforcements from a base that's off-map.  His base gets refilled to 2 sabres anytime they are destroyed and an attack force comes from off-map occasionally.  That's in addition to his base's forces(which become rather weak once you take all 3 pools).

I liked most of the BZ2 missions, it's hard to narrow it down to 1.

iron maiden

my favorite bz2 mission is probly the last mission on the dark planet. not only is it very straight forward and fun to do, it is the only mission where you are deployed in a missile scout. My favorite vehicle.

TheJamsh

if youre talking about core, which you may not be... you are in a sabre :P

in fact i dont remember any missions where you start in a missile scout :lol:

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

It's the last ISDF mission on the Dark Planet, before you leave to the Core System, TJ.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

I liked the early missions in bz2, probably because they have the specialized ships and commands. I also like having a mission to do rather than just build and defeat the enemy.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

gegc

I like the first couple of missions on Pluto, because you don't have to worry about base building and they have the densest in-game storytelling. Also due to not having to command anything they are the only missions that I can play with an Xbox controller which imho is more immersive when piloting a hovertank. Note:this works VERY well because unlike regular FPS's, bzone does not need fast movements and pinpoint accuracy.

Feared_1

I really liked the second to last ISDF mission and the very last Scion mission in the stock game. Build a base, pound the enemy, finish. No need to go out of your way by building a tug, having it crawl to the other side of the map, and making it pick up an object just for an anti-climactic "mission complete" screen.

iron maiden

i agree that the last scion mission is very fun and i do like the early missions on pluto. Any other favorite's from FE