• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Refinery needs to be converted from MAX to Xsi....

Started by shane ward, December 29, 2008, 02:56:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BNG Da BZ Fool

I opened it in TS 7.6 okay. Do you want me to convert it as an X file with cubic mapping? Let me know so I can upload it to Filefront if you want SW. It appears to have no texture, but I can apply any UV mapping you find easier to work with in Threed. I noticed it appears correctly oriented in the TS workspace as well. BNG.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

shane ward

Quote from: BNG Da BZ Fool on December 31, 2008, 10:16:59 AM
I opened it in TS 7.6 okay. Do you want me to convert it as an X file with cubic mapping? Let me know so I can upload it to Filefront if you want SW. It appears to have no texture, but I can apply any UV mapping you find easier to work with in Threed. I noticed it appears correctly oriented in the TS workspace as well. BNG.

Brovo, I would love to have that BNG Da BZ, if the model can have basic texture mapping so that I can edit it in threed then that will be good. It does not have to be lined up or in order, I can work that out in threed, but at the moment there is no way of editing the texture as there are none in the model. if you can add texture and UV easily thats what I am looking for. If you can post the link here it will be exilent. and I can work with X file format easily...

QuoteIf you want any tips using the tools above to make bz2 compatable .xsi I can help.

Thanks mrtwosheds, I allraedy know most about making xsi files work, it's just the model it's self ho and animation that can cause problems for me ;)
Many, thanks
Shane
Battlezone 2 Mod and Map Maker.
See my site: -
http://www.shanesdoomwads.freeservers.com/bz2

mrtwosheds

Shane, I made all my Dalek units with those tools, linked above, no recycled bits from bz2, no expensive and too complex modeling programs. Using those tools in the right way you can make fully functioning bz2 units, buildings and props, the only thing they cant do is animation, I do that in notepad!
In its way Lithunwrap is actually a modeling program that is just very focused on UV mapping.
Using it, would be allot easier than editing UV's in threed, that is a nightmare!

BNG Da BZ Fool

It always dumbfounds me when peeps purposely do things the hard way (and suggest to others to follow suit) when there are easier model making alternatives like TS 7.6; Gamespace for WIN ME. Only a total idiot couldn't figure it out. Example: Click on icon, place object in workspace, right click object, edit object, click another icon to UV map object, click another icon to edit UV map, click another icon to export UV map to paint program; how complicated is that?! I know because I used to be one of those idiots until I stopped listening to other peeps advice about using old outdated BZII modeling tools. TS 7.6; the best kept secret BZ land.

PS: I'll prep your model, apply cubic mapping, apply a simple texture, save it as X, zip it up, and upload it to Filefront like I did with the audio files a while back. BNG. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

BNG Da BZ Fool

shane ward

Many thanks for this, it looks like it did the trick, now I have something to work with. I have some hours at work to work on this, I am on standby doing nothing, perfect for bz2 stuff and get paid for it too ;)

Anyway. I have the file now, it can be removed if you want BNG.

shane

BTW, 3D Exploration (3Deep) can rotate when exporting... there's a rotation matrix you can play with to get things exactly the way you want...   3D Exploration is an amazing program considering when it got started...

-Av-

shane ward

Looks like the refinary is finally finished, I have added some screenshots so the people that helped can see it in the game ;)

Shane

General BlackDragon

*****General BlackDragon*****

Raven

Bloody hell, you got it to work?! Haha! Sweet!

Way to revive an old topic xD

AHadley

Nice!

I do think some texture work may be in order, but it still looks good!

EDIT: What's the story behind this thing anyway? Looks like there's been a few of you working on it... what's its history?

Raven

Shane asked me to bang something together based on a description. Thats the final version. The old one had a huge hole in the floor like a chasm, but that dome with the conveyor looks cooler.
I only made the model, hell, I didn't even UV it so he did a good job with even getting it to work at all!

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Really it could do with using the stock ISDF textures, it's roughly the right shape.

Raven

The ISDF textures was the idea with the main building as yes its a similar shape to most ISDF things, the 'containers' on the edge and the dome should pull if off too. I don't even have the original model anymore, so if Shane can't get it mapped properly its kinda screwed :P