• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

forum for new mod idea's

Started by iron maiden, September 18, 2009, 07:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Warfreak

For Christ Sake... Apparently this is going no where (again) very quickly.

Quick History:

The NSDF and CCA vehicles AREN'T our designs. The majority of them are reverse-engineering of Cthonian debris while only a few are ours. (I.E. The NSDF Razor and Grizzly.)

BASICALLY: you are gonna make what you know works. We made the hovertank variation of the WW2 Grizzly because it's basically an exploit of a tested biometal property and we know the reliability of our own tanks. (Grizzly)
It's safe to assume you would make a biometal whatever you use and (if you were creative enough you would probably also create a mechanical animal)use the new variant.

@Nielk: I could think of 20 Non-BZ2 Games that could be done in the BZ2 engine without much effort. Not a legit enough reason to squash an obviously weak idea.

iron maiden

i got to say that the only real way to make a mod like clavin's idea is to model it after the total war game engines[love those games!]
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

What about you are an Atlantean and you have to fight alien sea monster Cthonians who have come to destroy your underwater city?

A completely underwater mod!

VSMIT

May as well do an aircraft-only mod and have really thick fog.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

sabrebattletank

Or an AI-only mod where the player is only in comm bunker mode and can see both sides but can't control anything.

AHadley

sabrebattletank

Or an editor mod where the players are stuck in the editor and need to edit their way to victory.

Clavin12

How bout an Aztec based race. We already have a set of Greek based races so I think we need to honor some other civilizations such as Aztec, Mayan, Incan, Babylonian, Egyptian or ancient Indian.
C l a v i n 1 2

Axeminister

Speaking of editor mode fighting. I've always wanted to make a good FRAPS video of one of my mpi's but I always play on extreme, or hard G66 and never seem to remember that I'm doing that and the video gets shut off and forgotten. Is there a spectator mode where someone could join my game and get in a spectator bunker and switch between nav-cams to record fighting at different places and views across the map?
There is no knowledge that is not power.

sabrebattletank

Or maybe a 4chan mod where whoever posts the most cp wins.

Mr X

Quote from: Clavin12 on September 30, 2009, 07:27:41 AM
How bout an Aztec based race. We already have a set of Greek based races so I think we need to honor some other civilizations such as Aztec, Mayan, Incan, Babylonian, Egyptian or ancient Indian.

Because that would be a fundamental re-writing of the backstory,

the only earth civilisation visited by the Cthonians was the greeks.

And @ BBB, if as you say: "The Greeks power waned when their gods, the source of all their enlightenment and power destroyed themselves." wouldn't they still have some biometal left even without the Gods?
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Nielk1

Quote from: Warfreak on September 29, 2009, 04:37:36 PM
@Nielk: I could think of 20 Non-BZ2 Games that could be done in the BZ2 engine without much effort. Not a legit enough reason to squash an obviously weak idea.

I was cranky and Calvin irks me often.

The idea was workable but I saw no way he would find people, I mean good people, willing to work on it. The idea was a bit silly really, anything you gained from it could be gained in a different story.

I do however like the idea of coming up with aliens that seem to have influence, even if minor, in other early human civilizations like the Aztecs or Mayans. Evil Tiki race anyone?

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Quote from: Mr X on September 30, 2009, 12:12:38 PM
And @ BBB, if as you say: "The Greeks power waned when their gods, the source of all their enlightenment and power destroyed themselves." wouldn't they still have some biometal left even without the Gods?

Yes... but they would not know how to use it properly and it would end up just as scrap metal that the Greeks would use for more conventional purposes... such as making high quality swords and armour.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

How bout the Egyptians? They payed special attention to the heavens.
C l a v i n 1 2