• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

forum for new mod idea's

Started by iron maiden, September 18, 2009, 07:48:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axeminister

Think about a recycler that has become sentient and could make "appropriate response" offensive units on it's own, like the Instant Action games where you leave it up to the computer to make the ships and base. And now that we have Commando's ability to spawn a "thug recycler" the sentient base could make you one of many recyclers available to it and your mission could be won with one recycler on one mission, and won by another on a different mission. As the sentient recycelr becomes more and more conscious as more missions are completed and more bio-metal from different sectors in space are brought to it then more technology is accessable.
I've always thought of the pilots as someone who trained on earth how to pilot these ships and transfered his knowledge to the recycler and can be re-constituted by simply making a new ship, for instance all sabres are piloted by the same guy, and rocket tanks and so on. Wouldn't it be cool if during heavy fights where lots of pilots are walking back to base there could be a building made out in the field that would attract them and they could be recycled into a type of tower that instead of giving the 2 points of bio-meta for each recycled pilot to the energy bar, it would build up to a point where the tower could break away from it's base plate and become a sentient fighting robot fully commandable. Each set of pilots being different(missle scout pilots or sabre pilots etc) would create a different sentient fighting robot.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

iron maiden

i got to say that is probably one of the first good ideas i have heard on this thread, second axeminister
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

sabrebattletank

You call a topic "The Spam Room" and you're upset when you get spam?

Axe, that is actually a good idea.

High five.

AHadley

Nielk1

Click on the image...

iron maiden

Clavin12

What about axeministers idea applied to an old humanoid race buried beneath ancient Indian (as in the south Asian country) ruins. They might have been a race that once lived on earth like man but was lost and extinct except for the ones that went into hibernation. Asia Being the biggest continent and ancient India having a culture not noticed much i think it would serve well.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

The idea definitely sounds interesting for a game, but not for battlezone2, we need something that has SOME ties to to the original storyline and not just some random idea about some ancient race Indians

sabrebattletank

how about we make an iron maiden mod basically you're playing a guitar to all of iron maiden songs and you can play online multiplayer with other people who play different instruments like drums and bass

but they're biometal instruments that can time-travel and for every song you beat you move closer to the alien superhomeword and when you beat the last song you defeat the aliens

and there's a mission in the sun

General BlackDragon

*clears throat*

Ahem,...

Spam.

That is all.

*****General BlackDragon*****

iron maiden

I LOVE IT! STEVE HARRIS IN A WALKER! NEW COMMUNITY PROJECT HERE I COME!

[by know i hope you know i am mostly speaking sarcastically, but still, STEVE HARRIS IN A WALKER!]

AHadley

Quote from: Nielk1 on October 01, 2009, 10:20:02 AM
Your worst moderator decision to date.

Quote from: sabrebattletank on October 01, 2009, 04:25:12 PM
how about we make an iron maiden mod basically you're playing a guitar to all of iron maiden songs and you can play online multiplayer with other people who play different instruments like drums and bass

but they're biometal instruments that can time-travel and for every song you beat you move closer to the alien superhomeword and when you beat the last song you defeat the aliens

and there's a mission in the sun

I'm getting bored editing the name out of all these posts... and I don't want people to get paranoid about what else I may be doing :evil:

Feared_1

Don't edit posts unless there's a pretty good reason to edit them....

AHadley

Lesson learnt. I'll leave this topic alone about now.

Clavin12

Sun supernovas but some scions and humans escape through a portal (opened hastily so unsure where it leads) and we are forced to start a new civilization on a hostile planet.
C l a v i n 1 2