• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Just cool stuff

Started by Clavin12, September 21, 2009, 11:12:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vid

Corsair
Antec
FSP

?

Thermaltake has some good ones as well, but they also have some fail ones...
It depends on what kind of system you are putting on this supply.  Smaller systems can run on almost no power at all hardly and even a cheap one may hold up well enough to not die for a long long time.  It doesn't mean its doing a good job, it just means its really easy to power that system.  This is especially true when you cross the threshold from medium/light gamer video card into the enthusiast/extreme gamer video card.

I remember a review site getting an no-name PSU that was 500W I believe.  They hooked it up to their test rig which they had been measuring the draws.  They had a variety of test wattage draws...  something like 150W, 220W, 310W, 390W, 450W, etc...  If memory serves, the 500W powered up the 150W system, then refused to power on the 220W, and died completely when it was asked to put up 310W.  They had a replacement unit sent,   150W good, 220W fail start,  310W fail dead.
The numbers are probably different, as it was quite a while ago, but I remember it failing at half its branded load.