• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

somthing is wrong with my blender fish

Started by RABBITPOLICE, September 25, 2009, 11:23:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RABBITPOLICE

I decided to make an under the sea mod for bz2
so I made a fish but somthing is wrong with it
its comes out in bz2 really small and in 2 pcs (its spose to be 2 pcs togther) and non textured
do you guys know why this happend

I hope you guys can help me

thanks
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Nielk1

If this was made in 3dsMax I would say you should reset the transformation matrix because you must have scaled and the application of a scale modifier is something BZ2 does not use but things normally export into the XSI. Collapsing would actually apply the modification to the vertex position, not define them as the smaller object and then scale it. Though I do not know how this effects your situation.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

Done in Blender, as per the topic name, N1.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Nielk1

Quote from: VSMIT on September 25, 2009, 11:50:40 AM
Done in Blender, as per the topic name, N1.

I know, see:
Quote from: Nielk1 on September 25, 2009, 11:29:27 AM
If this was made in 3dsMax I would say you should reset the transformation matrix because you must have scaled and the application of a scale modifier is something BZ2 does not use but things normally export into the XSI. Collapsing would actually apply the modification to the vertex position, not define them as the smaller object and then scale it. Though I do not know how this effects your situation.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

Sorry can't help you with blender, but
Small, can be adjusted in odf with geometryScale =
But it is better to make it so it looks right at geometryScale = 1
Two pieces, I imagine you have not got the frames axis (0,0,0 value) in the right places.
Untextured... could be anything, if you don't tell us what you are doing, we can't see what's wrong.

Notepad is your friend, look at the .xsi with it and understand what you are really making, the causes of issues like textures not showing up can become obvious once you know what to look for.

:-D Very few fish get out of blenders in one piece...  :-D

BNG Da BZ Fool

Do the 2 pieces move together when the model moves? What might work is doing a boolen object union to make several piece into a single geometric object. For example, I use TS to make several single model pieces and then use a tool called the object union tool to physically join them into a singe object; the software effectively deletes geometry that overlaps with another piece. In Blender you should also have the same basic tool under the editing options.

What you could try doing is make a copy of your Blender model, and try experimenting on the copy of the model. Leave the original model alone for now. Calvin12, may be able to answer your question a bit more as he seems to understand Blender better then the rest of us. BNG. PS: It looks like Blender has a tool called join object ctrl-j read up on this tool to see if this is B3d's equivelent to object union tool.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

AHadley

RABBITPOLICE

its just a simple model of a fish made from 2 pcs that do nothing

I didnt put an eye point because hes just an animal if thats the problem

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_8_UEDEZr1sY/Sr0sjWp-VdI/AAAAAAAAADU/TK58SdM-wrw/s1600-h/fish.JPG

pic here
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Nielk1

Can we also have an in game pic to see the discrepancy?

Click on the image...

RABBITPOLICE

sorry guys it was our holiday (im Muslim it was eid) ill put a pic later on in game
but 1 question can blender even make textures for bz2

BNG Da BZ Fool

Blender should be able to combine a texture with other adjustments in it's version of a material editor. However, as far as I know textures are made with other software called paint programs. 2 free versions that I currently use are paint.net and gimp.org; can both can paint texture maps when the UV map is exported to a paint program from Blender. The process of preparing a UV map properly is where headaches begin. The map must be seperated into paintable sections. You can use either Blenders built in UV utility or another UV unwrap program like Lithunwrap to create a paintable texture map. 
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.

RABBITPOLICE

thanks dude but I already made a texture for the fish what im asking is can the texture even load in bz2

TheJamsh

So long as you applied it correctly and the correct format is used. yes...

How else would the stock models work?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.