• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

HDD Death

Started by Nielk1, October 02, 2009, 11:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven

A thousand dollars for data recovery? What the *Ammo* man where do these people get off?

Did you like, know it was gonna cost that before hand or did they tell you AFTER they did it so that you didn't have a choice?

technoid

Well, that dollar amount was expected.  It was said initially it would cost $965.   Is there an installment plan or is it one big fat lump sum check that goes bye-bye?

Nielk1

I knew before hand. Its actually like 900 or so. It was the cheapest and the best company at the same time. Rare combination.

I paid lump. Or someone else did and I owe them.

I said I was going to do this so: :-P

Took me a bit to break down the HTML to work for BBCode.

Click on the image...

Wraith

When you compress a HD its heavily shortens its lifespan. Not a good idea to do.

Put your hard drive in a freezer for 24 hours and backup as much data as you can and repeat process as needed.

WD 320gb thats the same one I got months back runs great so far. Did you have warranty on it at all? I have 5 year waranty from company and extended.

"That being said, people act differently online than in real life.
"

I dont :).

1k! I would say screw it. :P

Wish I could donate but I dont even have money to eat.
Trend Micro HijackThis 2.0.2

Post a log in Overdrive Terminal if you have a malware/virus problem

Nielk1

I still wonder how the government can say prices are going down and gas just went up 40 more cents.

Click on the image...

Raven

Oi, don't you dare complain about your petrol prices.
Its £1.04+ a litre here right now and its done nothing but go up aside from about 3 weeks where it dropped to £0.90 again but has now regained that diabolical figure.
Thats $1.70 a litre. Bastard.

And yeah, you must have some pretty valuable stuff to blow a grand on a hard drive. I'd cut my losses.

sabrebattletank

What's the conversion from the "litre" to the gallon?

Nielk1

Lets not get on gas prices now, but to point out, here everything is rather sped out and public transportation isn't the best, even in the Public Transportation capital I am in, New Jersey. Or was that the interstate capital...

But back to subjects, I do not know how my data will be sorted as externals are normally FAT32 and the drive was NTSF, and I had very deep file folder structures.

Click on the image...

VSMIT

Quote from: sabrebattletank on October 19, 2009, 05:18:10 PM
What's the conversion from the "litre" to the gallon?
Approx. 3.75L > 1gal.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: VSMIT on October 19, 2009, 09:33:58 PM
Approx. 3.75L > 1gal.

Oh true I should have known that. Those are familiar numbers.

AHadley

Lol, raven, both those posts use the angry-looking red-eyed anime girl... fits perfectly :lol:

sabrebattletank

WAIT IT'S RAVEN!

haven't seen you for a while.

AHadley

He's been hanging around for ages... he's been posting for months! :P

sabrebattletank

Weird...

oh well.

I'm still happy to have him back.

Sorry about that.

Raven

Hahaha, thanks sabre.
Yeah, these are the halloween avatars! xD

Public transport sucks here too matey, you're not alone.

Erm... On topic... right...

FAT32 is terrible isn't it? Isn't that the one where files cant be over like, 2gb? Everything I have is either NTFS or "Mac OS Extended (Journaled)", which I know nothing about but it seems to do fine. Hard drives aren't my forté :)