• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Modding database

Started by ScarleTomato, October 04, 2009, 10:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarleTomato

I've got to make an example database for a class and have wanted a good way to sort out some of the odf switches, classLabels, required frames, effects and other things related to modding. So i think i'm gonna make a modding info database for it.

This is what I've got so far
Datasets:
Frames: all the frames in an xsi such as HP_com, HP_gun_1, etc.. and a short description
ODFKeys: Every odf switch, the default value and a short description. e.g. ClassLabel, canCollide, heatSignature...
ClassLabels: every class of object and a short description.
ODFSections: the blocks in the ODF, stock example that uses it if available, short description. [GameObjectClass], [RecyclerClass], etc...
RenderBases: baseName charArray, desc charArray, stockExample charArray
BZNKeys: settings you run across in an ascii saved BZN file. setting charArray, desc charArray,
BZNSections: blocks in the ASCII BZN file, short description

TextureBlends: tbName charArray, desc charArray, stockExample charArray

Relations:
FramesByClass: all the XSI frames a ClassLabel requires or uses. Attributes include frameName charArray, ClassLabelName charArray, requiredFrame boolean,
KeybyODFSection: all the ODF switches a Class Section uses, Attributes are kayName charArray, CSName charArray,
KeybyBZNSection: all keys in the ASCII BZN file. keyName charArray, Sname charArray
ClassLabelSectionUsed: Sections BZ looks for for each ClassLabel. Attrib are ClassLabel charArray, Section charArray
ODFbyRenderBase: RenderBase charArray, ODFswitch charArray

Not sure if i wanna add these yet, they dont really have to do with modding in general but they would be nice for just basic info

you guys think yall would have a use for this? If so any ideas to add to it?

Nielk1

Using ini terminology:

[section]
key = value

Note DLLs can now add custom ones, so who knows what you might have aside from your standard engine options.

This is a good idea, start with getting a description of everything NOT in the modlog.

Click on the image...

ScarleTomato

Quote from: Nielk1 on October 04, 2009, 10:38:45 PMThis is a good idea, start with getting a description of everything NOT in the modlog.
Thats pretty much what spawned the idea :) I wanted something organized like the modlog that also included the pre 1.3 stuff

Quote from: Nielk1 on October 04, 2009, 10:38:45 PMNote DLLs can now add custom ones, so who knows what you might have aside from your standard engine options.
For the time being i'll probably just stick to the standard engine ones.

TheJamsh

i can provide info too if needed

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

kool. Let me know if you want any help. I'm an odf expert :)

*****General BlackDragon*****