• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Why cant I find a good bz2 modeling program

Started by RABBITPOLICE, October 02, 2009, 11:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

No.  You can search for and find these tutorials yourself.  We are not some depository of knowledge, so you can help yourself by finding this yourself.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

Its not exactly hard, just go to the blender website and search for the dice tutorial.

I dont even remember how i did it, been ovr a year since ive used blender or any kind of modeller.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Go and press some buttons. That's what most people did, and lo and behold, it worked.

Also, google can be pretty useful.

RABBITPOLICE

I was asking for bz2 so the texture doesnt need to be .pic or somthing like that
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

AHadley

PIC, TGA, BMP, DXTBZ2... lots of things, but PIC and DXT are best.

TheJamsh

it CANT be anything, the list of supported formats i knopw of are:

.dxtbz2 (best)
.pic (2nd best)
.tga (use for icons, wireframes, HUD areas etc)
.png (i use this for LARGE map textures, like 1024x1024 - 4096x4096)
.bmp (good for shell files, but you can use PNG for this)
.jpg (no idea why...)

Personally im a BIG fan of .png format, very editable and recognisable and most importantly very small.

NOT: BZ2 does NOT support RLE compression in .tga files (you will crash). I DONT think this still applies to TA5 and above.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

BNG Da BZ Fool

If Blender is a bit too complicated then try modeling with Truespace and save the model file as a 3DS file. Then import the model into Blender for conversion to XSI. TS, is a 3d modeler for simpletons like yours truly. If blender was an ideal choice then I'd already be using it exclusively, but it's capabilitiies far out class models designed to work for a older video game like BZII.

The other guys are right when they say your going to have to learn whatever modeler you choose to use pretty much by yourself. There are plenty of tutorials for Blender; wish I could say the same for Truespace. I pretty much had to learned it just by playing around with it until all the pieces started falling into place. Seriously, I'm a 1st class modeling idiot, but Truespace is very easy to use for making BZII models and props. Better get it before Microsoft pulls the plug on it as Caligari (aka Truespace) is now owned by Microsoft.

In TS textures are applied using the artist palette icon. The default UV mapping in TS is Spherical. If you get TS the modeler to use is TS 6.6 version; 7.6 is the newer version but 6.6 is better suited to make BZII models. 6.6 can be selected from the main menu by clicking the Truespace 6 box on the main menu.
When I'm not in hot water with the community I'm usually making models for BZII. I've made a few models for other peeps. BNG.