• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Why cant I find a good bz2 modeling program

Started by RABBITPOLICE, October 02, 2009, 11:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RABBITPOLICE

Guys can you pls help me find a good program to make models for bz2
thats free. I like blender but I cant put any textures, I cant make new modeling in threed
so screw that, so what else is there.

Thanks
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

VSMIT

You can't do textures in Blender because you're not bothering to find out how.

LEARN ABOUT A PROGRAM BEFORE YOU DISMISS IT.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

RABBITPOLICE

LISTEN I PUT THE FRIKEN TEXTURE ON MY FRIKEN MODEL AND IT DID NOT SHOW UP IN THE GAME SO EXPLAIN THAT
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.

Warfreak

Axe, that is a bogus link.

No one of the BZ Community has bothered to make a good Blender Tutorial. Only 3DS Max Tutorials exist.

YOU MUST LOOK ON THE BLENDER WEBSITE FOR TEXTURING DETAILS.

VSMIT

Quote from: RABBITPOLICE on October 03, 2009, 08:34:55 AM
LISTEN I PUT THE FRIKEN TEXTURE ON MY FRIKEN MODEL AND IT DID NOT SHOW UP IN THE GAME SO EXPLAIN THAT
You can't just give it a texture in the 3d view window.  You have to attach the texture to a material and apply the material to the model.

I'll bet you didn't know that, huh?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

RABBITPOLICE

Thanks axe ill take a look at it.

AND VSMIT if your so smart have you ever used blender for bz2 and if you did
did textures appear

VSMIT

I have not used Blender for BZ2.  I use 3DS Max for BZ2.  However, I do have some experience doing things in Blender.

Like I said before, learn about a program before you dismiss it.

AHadley

Quote from: RABBITPOLICE on October 03, 2009, 12:21:49 PM
Thanks axe ill take a look at it.

AND VSMIT if your so smart have you ever used blender for bz2 and if you did
did textures appear

Don't be rude. Modelling programs work the same way. You must apply textures in the same manner in ThreeD, for god's sake, even I know that.

RABBITPOLICE

dude I use threed but I never messed with the texture
can you tell me what im doing wrong pls.

TheJamsh

For a start, youre USING threed. Threed is fine for VIEWING models, but whenever it re-saves things, it breaks them, no matter HOW small of a change. Sometimes you can get away with it, other times you cant.

I managed to apply a texture in blender to a dice model i made a long time ago. Go on the blender website and FIND the dice tutorial about UVmapping etc, it worked for me.

EDIT: should REALLY learn to freakin model.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

RABBITPOLICE

VSMIT

Why don't you tell us what you're doing, then we can help you.

TheJamsh

yes it did. hell i still have the scource files SOMEWHERE...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

RABBITPOLICE

what I was trying to do (now im just gona use it for practice)
is on whats wrong with my blender fish

can you pls give me a tutorial on how to make texture work in bz2
or tell me pls