• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Is RLE compression supported or not?

Started by TheJamsh, October 06, 2009, 04:06:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GSH

The xsi should be able to use .dxtbz2/.pic/.tga/.whatever.

However, all I see on this thread is vague handwaving and griping that something doesn't work. It is not a quality bug report.

-- GSH

Nielk1

Quote from: GSH on October 07, 2009, 05:48:58 PM
It is not a quality bug report.

That was already done in this case. It was resolved somewhat, but some wierdery still persists. If XSIs set to specifically load bz2dxt files will prefer the bz2dxts we are fine, if not then the fix you already made for this bug in the mantis to force it to definitely try bz2dxt, then pic, then etc did not fix it completely. Actually that seems to be why it loads white when it fails to load an alternate, where before the fix if file other than DXT was present it would either use the DXT or nothing, not it either uses the DXT or goes all white.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

This thread wasnt really intended to go this way, AND we dont have all the XSI's for the AP N1 (like the rocket bombers for instance). Before i do anything to drastic ill put all the scource files together, and re-dxt them with the latest DXTGEN. See what happens after that...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

For soemthing like this OM may allow some conversion to take place.

Rocket

i converted my textures to .dxtbz2 and it works fine for me..

i believe the problem you are having is that the location and name of the texture is not exact inside the .XSI's, try making it point to exactly the place where the texture is, and the correct type of file it is, it should work fine then. (not joking.)
Hidden Defenders Mod

TheJamsh

No thats not it rocket, i know when you specify a texture for .xsi it copies the directory too, but the stock models have this pointing to a Z drive, so we are fine on that.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

jay-ATL

if it helps the texture and glow texture have to be the same format and i think the glow texture has to be tranparent with that glowing part as the visible layer and that texture as the bottom layer
-JAYDEN-

AHadley