• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Recent posts

Overdrive Terminal / Re: Zapping, Clicking speakers
Last post by Clavin12 - December 23, 2009, 04:00:06 PM
A while ago I had taken it apart and was trying to remove the connector for the speakers, but didn't succeed. I'll bet that was what it is, but I'm not sure. Why would the speakers and the wireless be connected?
Battlezone 2 Mods / Re: Natty Bumppo's G66 2.0, BE...
Last post by Nielk1 - December 23, 2009, 03:47:33 PM
I saw the site cam thing in a DM once, thought it was a 1 time thing. Sounds rather major.
Battlezone 2 Mods / Re: Natty Bumppo's G66 2.0, BE...
Last post by ScarleTomato - December 23, 2009, 03:39:30 PM
haven't played in a while till last night with my three brothers on sandbox.

holy crap! especially with the patrol. I cruised on up and there was a solid line of red on my radar! fun to bomb though!
The night vision took me a while to get cause the lights were set on 'one' :P it's cool, but easier to use sitecam or just turn the lights to 'none'.

speaking of sitecam. Only one person could use it! our four computers were side by side so it was easier to diagnose. As soon as i give site cam to someone else and they turn it on, it turns mine off and i cant turn mine on anymore. Didn't test whether this happened in stock yet, just thought it was weird.
Last post by Red Spot - December 23, 2009, 03:38:57 PM
Did you make any changes in your BIOS ?
Not sure if it could affect things but I just been googling, iirc, the PCI latency setting in the BIOS and from how I understand how it works it could cause problems with PCI devices ...
Last post by squirrelof09 - December 23, 2009, 03:33:11 PM
Ah yes. Would have helped if I had acknowledged everything in the first post :P. I would try ST's post.
Battlezone 1 / Re: Grizzly model...
Last post by Josiah - December 23, 2009, 03:30:59 PM
have you guys actually seen the models in the intro? Those things are soooooo detailed, that when I try to replicate them from the ingame models, it make me want to scream. I mean, really, I'll post a pic to show how detailed they are. maybe it's in part, because I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to this kinda thing, AND, that I know what I want it to look like, but I don't know how to do it, which drives me insane. I need more practice, and I guess if I keep at it, I might get better... maybe.  :-(

I haven't done anything for the last day or so, been transferring everything over to my new rig...
Last post by ScarleTomato - December 23, 2009, 03:30:25 PM
sounds very much like interference from the wireless whenever it transmits. Have you recently taken it apart? If so, did you take out the shielding foil or the ferrite ring around either the speaker wires or the wireless card? if not, you may think about adding some foil in or trying to move the wires away from the components. I know I've had speakers and monitors that have gotten old and seem to become susceptible to cell phones around them.
Last post by Clavin12 - December 23, 2009, 03:21:59 PM
Only when connected to the web. Whenever the card is accessed it zaps.
The 1.3 Community Project / Re: Clavin12's Models/Concepts
Last post by Clavin12 - December 23, 2009, 03:21:06 PM
Um no. Why can't there be more than one dragonfly?
Battlezone 1 / Re: Fighting in Space
Last post by Avatar - December 23, 2009, 03:15:36 PM
I think it was one of Heinlein's books that had newtonian physics ships where the pilots rode in suspended animation to handle the immense G forces pulled by accelerating/decelerating.  I remember one encounter where the 'Space Police' were watching some billionaire's ship as it pulled away from them, and when the ship rotated into a new heading they calculated the intercept course and jumped into their suspended animation pods...

The didn't know the rich guy had engines at BOTH ENDS of his ship, so he could look like he was rotating to a heading and then go exactly the opposite direction...  Boy were they suprised when they woke up 'by the numbers' expecting to be closing in on his ship...   :)

I thought that a good, old-fashioned newtonian trick...

-Av-

Who is, himself, a good old-fashioned newtonian trick...  :)