• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Recent posts

The 1.3 Community Project / Re: Clavin12's Models/Concepts
Last post by VSMIT - December 23, 2009, 06:24:27 PM
Is it bad that I've got a walker's foot that weighs in at ~250 tris?
Overdrive Terminal / Re: Zapping, Clicking speakers
Last post by Nielk1 - December 23, 2009, 06:18:12 PM
My on board sound went (still sad about it, was REALLY nice). I had quadraphonic I was using, but the rear started to sound like drowning cats. Then the recording did it. So I got a sound card thrown in.
The 1.3 Community Project / Re: Clavin12's Models/Concepts
Last post by bb1 - December 23, 2009, 06:15:56 PM
So is 2200 overkill??
Battlezone 1 / Re: Fighting in Space
Last post by eddywright - December 23, 2009, 05:59:40 PM
Has anyone read the Lost Fleet series?  The books take a hybrid science/science fiction approach to deep space battles. The author depicts these battles to be like naval engagements but only last a fraction of a second as the ships flash past each other at a fraction of light speed. Though they employ mysterious inertia dampeners, the books include hard facts like the speed of light (if a ship suddenly appeared near Pluto, we would not see it for 4 hours or so), time dilation, ship formations, kinetic weapons (no need for mag cannons when you can drop a ton of metal on a planet traveling at 1/10 the speed of light), etc.

http://www.sff.net/people/john-g-hemry/
Maps and Modding / Re: I need a way to shoot ordn...
Last post by ScarleTomato - December 23, 2009, 05:39:39 PM
I thought about using a unit or building to do what i wanted but that could get messy. and I'd like it to just shoot, even if there isn't an enemy about. I think i'll just keep it like it is for now.

I've been playing around with deploy times and durations. At first there was a shell coming in every second or so for about 30 seconds. Nice for an "oh hoot what is going on!?" effect. But I inadvertently made it where there were a couple shell hits and then a storm of about a hundred of em within a second or two, good for a "oh hoot! what just happened!?" effect. Which my brothers seem to like asking "what just happened?" better than "what is going on?". I'll post some vids when i get a good explosion working on it.

It looks pretty cool right now with a dense cloud of smoke and flashes of light randomly popping up here and there, the whistling of incoming shells and the shock sounds of explosions and debris. ATM it's a little too taxing on the video though :P
Battlezone 1 / Re: Grizzly model...
Last post by General BlackDragon - December 23, 2009, 05:33:21 PM
cool
Battlezone 1 / Re: Fighting in Space
Last post by Nielk1 - December 23, 2009, 05:21:26 PM
I was playing a beta 2D space game and it was a real pain. It had an all stop button that was nice, but getting into orbit was impossible. You would get it right, have the on screen prompts, see the orbit line, get it green being the correct velocity was attained, and then just slowly drift off...
Battlezone 1 / Re: Grizzly model...
Last post by Josiah - December 23, 2009, 05:06:03 PM
I did the railing...

does it look acceptable?(the entire thing; complete?)
Overdrive Terminal / Re: Very Important
Last post by VSMIT - December 23, 2009, 05:04:18 PM
Quote from: S.cavA.rmyG.en on December 23, 2009, 04:25:46 PM
So.
Usually when forum staff asks you to do something, you should do it.

It's just common sense.
The 1.3 Community Project / Re: Ideas for foundations of t...
Last post by Nielk1 - December 23, 2009, 05:01:50 PM
Everyone got a bit annoyed with the story and how it was spiraling out of control under the volition of like 3 specific ppl.