• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

1.3 Public Beta 2 bugs

Started by Commando, March 01, 2006, 08:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Commando

1.  Axeminister brought to my attention that multiworld games will frequently pause on him.  My guess is this is due to worldupdates.  I suggested adjusting the changelog to use the old ordpath.

2.  Objects are way off when it comes to where they are dispalyed.  This was brought up in another post.  I noticed it just a few minutes ago in a game I hosted.  I would actually clip into scavenger models because they were drawn behend their exact location.  I also had to aim maybe 15 meters in front of enemy units just to hit them.  It may have been closer to 20 meters.  This was with mwf set to 1 oddly enough.  I hadn't noticed this issue in private builds which is odd.

Spawn

I've seen the issue from pb1, scout has seen it for longer.

And an editor bug, nicely mentioned by TOO.

Self_Destructo

I noticed in multiplayer that if you went up to push a scv from it's back, you end up in between it's tracks.

Also, in the Instant game, Toon Trail map, I noticed that when I tell a scv to deploy on the east pool, it would say, "Got it covered." and would stop where it was and do nothing. Finally I just had to get in the scv and deploy it on the pool myself. Probably just a map problem and not a pb2 problem.

Also, on this Toon Trail map, rocket tanks would let enemy ship fly right by it and never fire a shot... this was aggravating, because I built them intending on them keeping archers off the hills, which instead, they did nothing. I will say, they did start firing on the enemy when I just selected them and gave them an enemy to fight, and then they did thier job from then on. Just a minor bug that became a big problem for me is all.

I've noticed in pb1 and pb2, that if you point your nose down to run, and keep holding it down like you would in 1.2, you eventually will end up flipping upside down and be going the other way. :/

Spawn

The first bug could be telling more than one scav to go to a pool, if one on your team is sent all the others told ignore the order for some reason.
The second would be the rocket tanks being flakey, try giving them hornet instead of the stock config, it works better.
The third is probablly from ships being higher off the ground than in 1.2, though the process you mentioned can still happen in 1.2.

Self_Destructo

I only told one scv to get a pool, that's alwasys been a thing I've done.

Eraser

Bz2edit.exe bug:  control and play preferences are rest to the defaults upon starting, even though graphics and sound prefs are not.

Michael

I was playing a strat with squirrel tonight and noticed some interesting things.

First of all, it seems there is much more warping and what is percieved as lag to me in pb2. The targeting even for my own ships is not over the ships but is in front of it. Also when dogfighting, it seems like I am back in 1.1 because where the person is and where he looks to be is totally different. I can't even predict where he will be because they jump around too much.

I was playing as the scions and built a armory. I tried to build a weapon and it looked like it was doing it in the armory(the weapon category was highlighted as well as the chosen weapon. But it never fired the weapon, I tried another weapon and it said that it needed a lung. I was a little confused because I was looking right at the stronghold lung. So I added a lung, then another after doing this five times, the stronghold finally shot out all the weapons I had ordered. After while when I ordered a weapon it was doing the same thing. So I demo'ed it then built another, it seemed to be fine after that.

Besides those issues it seems pretty good. Though I have only played one game. Thanks again for the patch!! Hopefully these things are not too difficult to fix.

Quote from: Self_Destructo on March 02, 2006, 03:27:18 PM
I only told one scv to get a pool, that's alwasys been a thing I've done.

This drives me nuts because it also applies to Scavs that are picking up loose scrap.

A Scav 'calls dibs' on scrap or a pool when it decides to go to either.  That is, once a Scav picks a pool or scrap as its target none of the others can access that item regardless of what you tell them to do.

I think this is buried in the Scav AI, and AI wasn't really something Nathan got deeply into.  :(

-Av-

Axeminister

(1) Close proximity hits. If someone (friendly) comes too close to my side, and I'm firing my cannon, they get blasted instead. Never happened before this patch.
(2)Can't find hit point. The entire enemy ship isn't the target now, somewhere in the back is where you need to shoot, for me. But I've noticed people on forum are saying somewhere in the front is the hit point for them.
(3)Everything slows down, stops and breaks loose again, like a gamestate check, but doesn't say it's a gamestate check.
(4)I tried entering a couple of deathmatch games where the host must have been trying to quit the game, because I sat there loading for ten minutes before game decided to tell me server quit. (So this may or may not be a problem/issue.
(5)I host a game, then it says that someone tried to join but couldn't because of password, when I have no password up. At one point I noticed that a letter (l) as in Lucy(in lower case) might have automatically been there. I can delete it everytime, but people who don't read forums or just want to play may not want to stop a mpi game they are thirty minutes into just to let people in, whenever they may not know how to resolve the issue with the password anyway.

Please take my comments from the view of a game player, I know nothing of programming. I know how to cut the head off of my Aunt and paste onto a screenshot of Julie from Heavy Metal Fakk2 for a laugh, but that's about it.
Axeminister
There is no knowledge that is not power.

squirrelof09

In addition to Micheals bug with the armory..

I was playing a MPI game. I had noticed that the AI had bilt a couple of bulbs next to the armory..

Heres a snapshot on what I mean:  www.spike.http.co.il/uploads/up/A001215.png

In addition to Axes problem with the password..

My friend has been hosting every now and then, and I have noticed a (P) which ment password. I had asked him on messanger if he had set a password. He said no, so I tried to join but it wouldn't work. My friend said it said I tried to join with a bad password. So, he thought it had something to do with his router. He went in and turned on DMZ and rehosted. and I had rejoinedwas able to join.. well then the server crash, and he decided to turn DMZ back off.. so he did and when he wanted to rehost, there was a password set again to his server.

So, then we both tried a reboot (friend suggested it). Well after our reboots he had rehosted. as I searched the server list I saw his game with no password and was able t join. As soon as I had gotten in the game, I told him not to quit the session! I was able to actully play a game with him too//

Also, it seems to have a password when someone has set a server message.

if you understood anything I said, give me a cookie..
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Commando

One of these tweaks may be responsible to the frequent resyncs in multiworld.  They aren't full blown resyncs.  They are just sligh pauses where are very noticable on worldswaps.

- When alt-tabbed in multiworld, game does more work, acting more like
what happens when the game isn't alt-tabbed. This might help make
behavior post alt-tabs more like they never happened.

-- b63l released
- Possible fix for slowdown after returning from alt-tab. FPS drops to
0 while alt-tabbed, so some things that were based off that were
unhappy. [NM]

-- - More possible tweakes for slowdown after returning from
alt-tab with multiplayer and/or multiworld on. [NM]

b64p

The la

General_Hoohah

Since installing the patch I've played five MPI games in G66 with this patch, and I have to say honestly.... I really LOVE all the cool stuff that was added, but...

1. The game play sucks! I’m sorry, but I can't snipe or acquire a missile lock on any AI units! This isn't just G66, it's playing against AI in everything. Shooting AI enemies is over half of the game playing experience. Without that, you don’t have a game. This needs to be fixed ASAP! It’s hard to explain what the bug is exactly. It’s almost like you have to aim at the lead target to get a missile lock....

So far I've lost four games out of five because I can't acquire a lock or snipe anything AI controlled! I got so angry, I had to get up and leave the room to cool off at one point because I couldn't defend my self, and as a result I lost my ship and was stranded out in the middle of no where, while my base was being ransacked with no commander to organize a defense.

2. Another bug I noticed is in the screen before I launched the game, in multiplayer. When I chose the options tab to go into the AI settings, that menu screen sometimes mixes up with the one before it and everything looks garbled together. I've also seen this happen in several other menu screens, when you click on an options tap or switch back and forth from one menu to another. Could it be my vcard? I have a XFX 6800 GT.

3.  Scavengers seem to be worse now. They often stop working and just sit even though they are surrounded by scrap. They do it very often now, compared to how they behaved before. I’m low on scrap and wondering why my bar isn’t going up when I have four scavs showing on my HUD. I go to my base, and they are just sitting in the middle of an open area, surrounded by scrap. This problem got really bad on the Scrap Valley map, but happened on others. Before the patch, they would also start picking up scrap a few seconds after exiting the Recycler bay. Now half the time, they just sit there, doing nothing. I found a scav I thought had been picking up scrap, that had probably been sitting in front of my recycler for fifteen minutes after it was built! I’m usually really organized with my scavs, but I can’t baby sit them 100% of the time, micromanaging every second of their existence. This is ridiculous.

I don't know if this is just the Scrap Valley map, but scavengers seem to just dive into the water as if they WANT to go in, like they have this craving to go swimming.... I don't understand it. On this map they do it constantly.

Scavengers will also decide to go pick up scrap that’s a good distance away, when there’s scrap right next to them that’s been sitting there for a while.

4. While playing the Scrap Valley map, I noticed that most of the time Rocket tanks don't attack anything. Often they just stand around while everything is blowing up around them. They aren’t even aiming or looking at the enemy. They just sit there staring off into space. They only attack if I tell them to.

5. Wheeled vehicles and constructors seem to have more trouble on bridges now. Either they just bounce off of the bridge as if they are being repelled by it, or they can’t get up it where the ramp first starts at the tip, like they are trying to drive against the wall. They try rotating, driving at angles, try backing up it, driving side to side, and all sorts of other ways, but they just can't get up. I never saw either of these things happen before.... I noticed this problem was worst on the scrap valley map. I saw an assault tank bounce off, fly up 40 feet in the air, and land on the other side of my base about 200 feet away! It happened when an enemy tank crossed the bridge and bumped into it. The assault tank was making a run for the bridge at full speed, starting at a distance and was perfectly aligned with it, not at any weird angles. Just as he tried to dive over the tip of the ramp, he bounced off it, and at that split second the enemy tank hit him. That’s when he took off like a rocket, LOL. I don't think this has anything to do with the AI, I think its physics.

I noticed that most of these bugs were most apparent on the Scrap Valley map. For some reason they are amplified when you play it. This could actually be a good thing, because it could better help identify them if this is true. Play this map and see what I’m talking about. Sonic posted it in the G66 area of the forum here:

http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,3812.0.html

Please fix the targeting problem. It's by far the worst problem, and is making the game nearly unplayable against AI half the time.
And remember, any problem caused by a tank can be solved by a tank.

deadscion

server switching error---

I did not think to get a copy of Battlezone.log before trying other things, but I will try to repeat the error.

Situation:

Deathmatch map--- the classic Pyramid of course(heh)

Players
Me ( broadband)
Shadow(broadband)
Bender( broadband)
squirrel( 56k)

When I attempted to switch server to Shadow because he had the lowest ping, the game kicked me to a game over screen.
Was Shadow leaving unexpectedly? unkown.

squirrelof09

Quotesquirrel( 56k)
squirrel ( satellite)

And Switching servers seems to always screws up. Some times it works though, like when dark(BWolf)  from my clan switches server to Red from my clan it will work..
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

General BlackDragon

hey squirrel, wanna lag less? take 20 bucks and go buy a 56k...

i guarentee it's faster in game....

*****General BlackDragon*****