• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

faltering HUD

Started by iron maiden, October 16, 2009, 06:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron maiden

Hey all, i reinstalled the old Battlezone earlier today and everythging is in working order except for one thing, my HUD continues to falter! Basically, it does not show my targeting display, shows nothing on my radar, except short blips lasting a mere second. And my command interface fails to show me which unit i am commanding once i command it and i do not get a line that runs down showing that unit on radar.

Any ideas?
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Dx

Post a screen shot of the problems.
What OS, video card and driver are you using?

AHadley

The radar is supposed to be like that... you use the radar cheat, don't you? Cause it's like that in BZ2 too.

iron maiden

i am not using any cheats, i think the problem is when i installed it i installed Heat as well, which i have never done before. i think if i uninstall and reinstall without heat that it may run normally.

General BlackDragon

i installed heat back when i installed BZ1. It never broke anything. Can we get a screenshot?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Dx

heat has nothing to do with your HUD graphics.

iron maiden

that may be true but i have never installed heat before and i am only know getting the problem, it is worth a shot.

iron maiden

uninstalled and reinstalled the game but heat remains, but my HUD is once again fully operational, thank you all for your time.

AHadley

sabrebattletank

iron maiden

yeah, thanks, by the way, does anyone hear actually play multiplayer on BZ1?

General BlackDragon

I do on occasion. though now days it's usually for testing/comparison purposes. The cummunity there gives you herpies  :-P

Dx

Quote from: General BlackDragon on October 25, 2009, 10:10:22 AM
The cummunity there gives you herpies  :-P

If paco gave you herpies you can blame yourself for playing with him. ;)

General BlackDragon

The community isn't that bad really, just gotta avoid the trolls and I learned not to bring up BZ2 in the lobby. It generally starts a food fight  :lol:

I like playing arranged games with people I know.

I have popped into the lobby on the new active server, havn't seen as much bickering in lobby as usual. So maybe it's better nowdays. I havn't played in months so my views could be old.