• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

PROBLEM G66!!! HELP PLEASE!!!

Started by Phobos, October 18, 2009, 10:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phobos

Hi, i'm new in this forum and I'm Phobos here and in BZ2...
I install Battlezone 2, then patch 1.3 Public Beta 5.1 and finally G66 2.0 BETA 38(only one file because the other not found...
If i go to battlezone(with the cgf OK and all the other) and i want play a game it speak that I haven't got a map or i havent got a particular file of g66(probably the other file that now is not downloadble...).
Srry for my scorrect english... im italian... i need help. :(
thx cya!

squirrelof09

Hello Italian. I'm Italian too.

YOu installed the g66 beta 38 to the battlezone II directory, correct?

Also, at the time you were trying to play g66... Were you trying to join a server that was hosting a g66 game? Or were you host?

It is a bit hard to understand you. Perhaps type everything in italian and use a translator to convert to english. Translators aren't the best, but I think we can manage that way :).
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Axeminister

You didn't say that you made a shortcut on your desktop with the target line change Red Devil talks about in the instructions.
The following is the part you did not read or have not done.

Add ' /config G6620.cfg ' (sans quotes) to your shortcut to run (use the supplied .lnk file as a guide).

Example:

Target          "C:\Program Files\BZ2\bzone.exe" /config G6620.cfg

Start in            "C:\Program Files\BZ2"
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Clavin12

Did you install the right version of g66 for 1.3 patch?
C l a v i n 1 2

Phobos

Phobos

Quote from: squirrel on October 18, 2009, 10:23:00 AM
Hello Italian. I'm Italian too.

YOu installed the g66 beta 38 to the battlezone II directory, correct?

Also, at the time you were trying to play g66... Were you trying to join a server that was hosting a g66 game? Or were you host?

It is a bit hard to understand you. Perhaps type everything in italian and use a translator to convert to english. Translators aren't the best, but I think we can manage that way :).

i play at g66 game version... but not found... for me probabily o the host have got the 2 file of g66 or i dunno...
and sometimes the maps... it not found... maybe there's a map pack

Phobos

I write that in italian... i dunno if u can understand because i translate with google... that's it...
"I can not play games sometimes G66 for maps and times for the G66 ... for me when the problem is the map or do not know why I do not have the map or the host has installed a map pack ...
Instead, for the G66 probably also the other file ... that is what initially was available and not anymore."
HELP ME PLEASE!

Red Devil

Sometimes people are playing or testing maps not found in stock 5.1 or in G66 2.0.

If people are using a map you do not have, it will say "Unknown map"

The games that you will be able to join are white in the list.

You cannot use G66 2.0 to join stock 5.1 games.

Also, please see the picture I posted in the main G66 2.0 post/thread. Check that you have G66 2.0 installed in the correct place.
What box???

Phobos

yes i did all this...
but i want understand why all dont use enemy patch/maps/mod
why? testing? i dunno but is really astonishing (strane)
in the other game there is a mod or a patch that all play and with that all always can play at something...
but now there is a player online that have my enemy mod and patch.. the first yeah  :| -.-
cya

Red Devil

G66 used to be an "always on" mod, but i changed it so it has to use its own shortcut for testing so that it does not interfere with anything else.
What box???

TwinShadow

Quote from: Phobos on October 18, 2009, 01:54:35 PM
why? testing? i dunno but is really astonishing (strane)

To answer this part, people test different maps to check if the AIP plans are working properly and to kick out all the bugs and make sure it's release-worthy. Lately I've been helping beta test the Addon Pack for BZ2 1.3 PB 5.1.

Regardless, the shortcut method is actually a neat idea. All you really need to do is modify the G66 2.0 shorctut in the root BZ2 directory (where the bzone.exe file is located) and change the path to match where your BZ2 install is. We can help with that if you need any.

Red Devil

You can have multiple mods in one install using that method.
What box???

Phobos

GOOGLE TRANSLATE!!! SORRY IF IT'S NOT A GOOD ENGLISH...

I did not understand everything you wrote ...
However, if I understood correctly by playing with the latest patch (1.3 5.1) I find people online but it is not so! Some tell me that they have different maps have the other G66! So it's a bit 'a problem ...

Clavin12

Try babel fish. It's not much different but it might help.
C l a v i n 1 2

General BlackDragon

I'm not sure, i'll try to write simplest instructions possible.

1: Install BZ2 1.3Ta5.1
2: unpack G66 2.0 Beta 38 ? (Red devil's link) onto Battlezone II folder.
3: Copy BZ2 Desktop Icon. Right click, select properites. In Target, add to end after ": /config G6620.cfg (should resemble Aximinister's post)
4: Open BZ2 with copied Icon.
5: Play G66 :)

*****General BlackDragon*****