• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

xsi importer/converter

Started by Josiah, October 18, 2009, 12:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josiah

ok, I still haven't been able to find something that opens bz2 xsi files! This is VERY annoying. If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo happy.

AHadley

ThreeD (BZ2ME) opens XSI files. Don't save with it, it's only a viewer.

Notepad is best for editing.

General BlackDragon

There is also 3d exploration wich can open xsi files and save them as .3ds for importing into max.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Josiah

Quote from: General BlackDragon
There is also 3d exploration wich can open xsi files and save them as .3ds for importing into max.

Were can I find this program? I have looked for it, but haven't had any luck.

Quote from: AHadleyThreeD (BZ2ME) opens XSI files. Don't save with it, it's only a viewer.

if I open a xsi file, and if I don't edit it, will I be able to save them as .3ds, and have an uncorupted file?

Clavin12

Blender can export xsi files but not import them.
C l a v i n 1 2

Josiah

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 19, 2009, 09:45:09 AM

yes, I know Blender can export, but no import. I want to import the bz2 xsi files. I can export till doomsday with the program I am using, but I can't import the darn things!

General BlackDragon

Uuum, I dunno where i got mine, google search it.

as for threed, it can only save as xsi.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Josiah

Quote from: General BlackDragon
Uuum, I dunno where i got mine, google search it.

yeah, I searched for it too, and came up with a bunch of dead links. haven't tried torrent though...

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Dx

The version that worked the best as i recall was 3DE 1.5.5 version which i have if you still want it...
Are you going to do some mod work in bz2?

Josiah

Quote from: Dx
The version that worked the best as i recall was 3DE 1.5.5 version which i have if you still want it...
yah, I have the 1.5.5 version.

Quote from: Dx
Are you going to do some mod work in bz2?
I am seeing what I like and dislike about Bz2. So far, Bz2 whips the tar out of Bz1 when it comes to custom stuff and graphics, but I think Bz1's gameplay was a little better. But that can be fixed, because of the customization capacity of Bz2.

Dx

Bz has 8 and 16bit graphics, Bz2 can use 24 and 32bit and has a two year newer renderer not to mention Bz2 can use larger and more textures.

Dianoga4

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 19, 2009, 09:45:09 AM

This is not the same xsi that BZ2 uses.

Warfreak

OvermindDL1 developed a pretty decent .xsi exporter that was made to export the exact version BZ2 uses.

Dianoga4

Yes he was working on it but as far as I've seen, no one has been able to get it to work.