• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

xsi importer/converter

Started by Josiah, October 18, 2009, 12:42:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

Now my only problem is orientation. I cant seem to control which way the eyepoint is pointing. or the guns.
C l a v i n 1 2

Josiah

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 04, 2009, 07:02:31 AM
Now my only problem is orientation. I cant seem to control which way the eyepoint is pointing. or the guns.

don't know how to fix this in blender, but I do know that you have to rotate the pivot points 180 degrees.
I had the same prob, and it drove me nuts. Seriously.

mrtwosheds

In xsi hardpoints are just 1 simple frame/mesh object, their orientation is the same as the ship should be, are you making the ship the right way round?
Make it without them and then paste them into the xsi in notepad, its really easy.

Slaor

3D explorer, Threed and notepad always worked fine for me.

The 3D explorer XSI export does weird things to materials, you gotta fix some syntax in notepad or resave in Threed before BZ2 will parse it. Notepad edits of XSI are not usually at all difficult, tho they look a bit fearsome...