• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

An open letter to the story writers

Started by sabrebattletank, October 18, 2009, 01:16:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

Dear seCret story CCommittee People (from here on out to abbreviated CCCP)

Please, if you're going to write the story in secret, at least release drafts at some point.

Sincerely,

The Community.

AHadley

The basics are down, we're just about to release it via VSMIT.

Mr X

Secret? I thought you all knew it was me and Ahadley :P (I'm sure we mentioned it somewhere...)

And yeah, we've sent what we have to VSMIT, he will release it when he sees fit.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Nielk1

Too bad the community couldn't handle writing simple story publicly. Yes, I mean all the ppl who bickered over the crap trying to shove their stories in place of the real one, even after all voting was finished.

Aim your animosity at them, not the kind people who are working on the results of the ORIGINAL VOTE to give us a story. Shove the clearly jeering CCCP acronym up your ass and go sit in the corner for a few days.

Click on the image...

sabrebattletank

I'm not mad, I just wanted to pick a cool acronym -- any insults felt by my use of CCCP were not intended by me.

It's been long enough where we should be seeing something, even if it's not final, or perfect, from the story team.

Also, Neilk1, I would appreciate it if we kept indecent words and fighting tone out of this thread.

Thanks.

Clavin12

Are we going to vote on it or on changing parts of  it after the first draft comes out?
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

Mr X

At most it'll be on very minor changes.

But, there is one area we'll need the community to help: naming stuff. (as long as it doesn't become like the fiasco when I asked people to name the third Cthonian faction in my storyline thread, if that happens the CP might not be finished for another hundred years :P)

PS, whats wrong with SSCP as an acronym if you absolutely insist on having one? Although we're hardly secret so its just the Storyline commitee (SC). :P
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

But that's also short for South Carolina. :-D
C l a v i n 1 2

sabrebattletank

Quote from: Mr X on October 18, 2009, 03:44:53 PM
PS, whats wrong with SSCP as an acronym if you absolutely insist on having one? Although we're hardly secret so its just the Storyline committee (SC). :P

I mean it's not like there's anything wrong with the SSCP or SC acronyms -- it's just that I wanted to pick a famous one. So USA, EUROPE, NATO, PATRIOT, BZONE, or anything really would do -- I don't want the emphasis to be on the negative connotations that the CCCP acronym has.

Nielk1

Quote from: sabrebattletank on October 18, 2009, 03:21:04 PM
I'm not mad, I just wanted to pick a cool acronym -- any insults felt by my use of CCCP are not intended by me.

It's been long enough where we should be seeing something, even if it's not final, or perfect, from the story team.

Also, Neilk1, I would appreciate it if we kept indecent words and fighting tone out of this thread.

Thanks.

The entire process that was utterly destroyed by bickers earlier still has me quite annoyed. You just managed to bring such dismal events back to the front of my mind.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

sabrebattletank

Quote from: iron maiden on October 18, 2009, 06:24:00 PM
i was just beginning to forget them :cry:

Yeah, can we please move on now?

I'm ready. Are you?

VSMIT

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 18, 2009, 03:21:55 PM
Are we going to vote on it or on changing parts of  it after the first draft comes out?
As I said when I put a stop to the community story writing, people can submit minor changes.  This will not change.  If you'd like, you can submit things you'd like to change.  This change will be reviewed by the community, and if they like it, the writers will find a place to work it in.

Like I said in the original writing thread, if your idea isn't liked, don't push it any further.  Don't beat dead horses.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.