• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Talking BZ2 Encyclopedia.

Started by General BlackDragon, October 20, 2009, 01:45:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

General BlackDragon

Since i'm far too lazy to write out all the stuff I know about BZ1/BZ2 Modding, I decided to make this thread for anyone who want's to ask questions about BZ1/BZ2 modding. If you want to know if it's possible, how to fix a bug, Etc, I'll try my best to answer it, or someone else might.

Catagories I specialize in:

-Odfs
-Shells
-Xsi's
-Maps
-Setups/Configuration
-General knowledge of how BZ2 works. (If your dreams are possible or not)

Note, I also know a fair deal about AIP/DLL, although some of the other modders are more experienced in such areas. Red Devil, GreenHeart, and Nielk1 for instance. Just because something isn't listed above, doesn't mean that I, or somebody else, can't answer it.

Rules:

1: Read all the previous questions to make sure yours hasn't already been asked.
2: Please keep your posts consolidated and orderly, and stay on topic.
3: Try not to overwhelm me, replies to your questions will be made quoting your question.
4: Again, No Spam, Flames, or Off Topic posts!

So,...Who's first?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

I would like to point out spelling counts in ALL modding. As such, please write Encyclopedia and Nielk1 instead of what you have. I can answer C++ DLL questions, if I am not too busy. I however WILL not teach you C++.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I'll keep a close eye on this one since the BZ2MD one quickly dissolved into a requests thread.

General BlackDragon

If I could have access to delete/edit posts in this topic it'd help.

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Lordtac

Alright here's a few questions

1- is it possible (AT ALL) to have a constructor build with its left arm and shoot with its right (I highly doubt it)

P.S. I never did ask if the constructor could "morph" at all, that might solve this problem if it can

2- Is there any work at all being done to improve aircrafts AI (attack process in particular)

3- Is it possible to have a aircraft spawn another aircraft (like shooting it from a gun) without the craft having to land (I've tried many forms of spawning but none seem to work, it always lands)

4- And finally, has anyone ever imported a model from another game into BZ2 (just wondering its not particularly important)
Creator of LTRV
Overall: 34%
Break Down

ISDF:
Units: 15% \ Tech Tree: 100%
Buildings:30% \ Weapons: 15%
Experimental: 10%

FURY:
Units: 0% \ Tech Tree: 0%
Buildings: 0% \ Weapons: 0%
Experimental: 0%

VSMIT

Quote from: Lordtac on October 20, 2009, 11:40:40 PM
Alright here's a few questions

1- is it possible (AT ALL) to have a constructor build with its left arm and shoot with its right (I highly doubt it)
Nope.  You can mess with which arm it builds with by editing the XSI in notepad, though.

QuoteP.S. I never did ask if the constructor could "morph" at all, that might solve this problem if it can
Nope.  Only way to do that would be to use DLLs.

Quote2- Is there any work at all being done to improve aircrafts AI (attack process in particular)
Build an aircraft ODF and test the aircraft AI.

Quote3- Is it possible to have a aircraft spawn another aircraft (like shooting it from a gun) without the craft having to land (I've tried many forms of spawning but none seem to work, it always lands)
Have no idea.  I've not tried.

Quote4- And finally, has anyone ever imported a model from another game into BZ2 (just wondering its not particularly important)
Does Infinity count?  Either way, as long as you can get the model into 3DS Max or Blender, you can get it in game.  I could put a TF2 sentry in as a guntower if I wanted to.  (Damn, now I want to...)
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

AHadley

As for three, presumably yes. Just change the gun's ordanance name. I haven't tried it though, so I'm not certain.

General BlackDragon

3- Is it possible to have a aircraft spawn another aircraft (like shooting it from a gun) without the craft having to land (I've tried many forms of spawning but none seem to work, it always lands)

The getting it to "morph" as soon as it's created can be done by using an odf switch.

[AirCraftClass]
AlwaysDeployed = false
AlwaysUndeployed = false

Note: setting both to true is probably a bad idea. If either of
these is true, then requests to change state are ignored. Compiles,
but is untested. [NM]

Clavin12

Is it possible for a tank to lay or launch a mine that builds something?
C l a v i n 1 2

General BlackDragon

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 21, 2009, 08:19:09 AM
Is it possible for a tank to lay or launch a mine that builds something?

Yes thats easy. 2 ways, either a direct instant spawn, or a tripmine spawn. You make a flaremine that's payload name is what you want to spawn, or a tripmine that turns into a flaremine that's payload name is what u want it to spawn.

The flaremine could have a triggerdelay for however long u want it to be before it makes it. You could also add a kindof render to make it look like a build effect (plume of blue/white smoke? a revealing curtian? lol)

*imagines a sabre launching a mine that turns into a service bay* lol

Nielk1

Quote from: General BlackDragon on October 21, 2009, 08:33:24 AM
*imagines a sabre launching a mine that turns into a service bay* lol

Didn't think of the mine making it look like it was built, but I have a service bay mine actually.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Because if so you could make a tank (or rather a walker) that looks like a constructor which lays invisible mines that then build the building. You could also make it so that the mine freezes the vehicle until the building is done. Thus it could build and defend itself.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Look at the Mega Statue's weapons.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 21, 2009, 12:38:32 PM
Because if so you could make a tank (or rather a walker) that looks like a constructor which lays invisible mines that then build the building. You could also make it so that the mine freezes the vehicle until the building is done. Thus it could build and defend itself.

That wouldnt work so well, mainly because you can lay a mine anyplace, but the building may not line up to a flat terrain area, or may be over water etc, the building would just 'spawn' whenever the mine was dropped. It wouldn't really work, without EXTENSIVE .dll help.

What is it with people and shooting constructors lately :P?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.