• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Hey, would you look at that. It's story time! PT. 3 POSTED!

Started by VSMIT, October 20, 2009, 08:25:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr X

Well, seeing as everyone seems to agree, we could just roll with that. To be honest, I didn't like Aeneads at first, but its growing on me.

Anyway I'm going to start another thread for discussing names, that way this thread can go back to its original purpose of discussing the storyline (the storyline's taken a backseat for a page or two now.), and I can run polls to pick the favourites.

Quote from: AHadley on October 25, 2009, 03:30:14 AM
Anybody think a mission on the Argos station might be a good idea, somewhere near the beginning...?

No, because the current enemies would have no reason to be there, we'd have to write a new bad guy just for the sake of an ultimately pointless mission. Showing the battlegroup going through the station to their ship at the start in a movie might be good though.

P.S. @VSMIT if you're reading this, when are you going to reveal the rest of the story to the community?
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

VSMIT

Quote from: Mr X on October 25, 2009, 10:52:30 AM
No, because the current enemies would have no reason to be there, we'd have to write a new bad guy just for the sake of an ultimately pointless mission. Showing the battlegroup going through the station to their ship at the start in a movie might be good though.
Tutorial mission?

QuoteP.S. @VSMIT if you're reading this, when are you going to reveal the rest of the story to the community?
In my next post.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

Naming them the Aeneads would be like naming them the Vsmits or the Ahadleys. You see what I mean?
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

I personally think the latter is a rather cool-sounding suggestion :lol:

VSMIT

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 25, 2009, 11:05:20 AM
Naming them the Aeneads would be like naming them the Vsmits or the Ahadleys. You see what I mean?
No.  Stop it.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

VSMIT

Part Two: Into the Unknown

Upon leaving the course set by the Acclubierre Drive (having had time to rest, eat, and otherwise prepare for what awaits them) the detachment are thrust into orbit around a medium-sized planet (slightly larger than Earth), upon which there seems to be a struggle. The ships locked in combat over this world seem like nothing any of the force have ever seen, until one of the Scion engineers comments that they bear more than a passing resemblance to the reconstructions of Ancient Cthonian craft his team have been working on.

Without a moment's warning they find themselves under attack from a massive force from both sides, who evidently perceive them as a threat. The [Ark III] is overwhelmed by the attack, and even once its sheilds power up it is to late. The damage has been done. Scattering dropships and escape pods across the surface of the planet, the [Ark III] spirals down to crash in the depths of one of the planet's oceans. The Acclubierre Drive is lost forever to the seas.

IDEA: MAYBE THE THIRD FACTION DISCOVER THE ACCLUBIERRE DRIVE AND GIVE IT BACK TO THE SCIONS AT THE END, THUS CREATING A SECOND TIME LOOP?

Most of the dropships and escape pods land at their intended locations, but some are pulled off-course by an anomalous gravity well which appears suddenly out of nowhere in their paths. When they land the survivors (including the Commander and Lieutenant) discover they are separated from the smaller group (which contains most of the allied force's leaders) by a massive swath of jungle. Staying within radio contact, the two groups attempt a rendezvous at what seems to be the origin of the gravitational disruption, but en route this smaller group is destroyed in a massive, overwhelming Hadean attack, leaving the force stranded on the unfamiliar planet under the command of the two heroes.

Shortly after, the Scion scientists discover the true extent of the gravity well's effects. The planet's moon is slowly growing larger - it is being pulled down towards the planet!

Mr X

I'm afraid I'm going to have to oppose the loop with the Acclubierre drive, I dislike the idea of a machine that exists but never gets invented.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

VSMIT

What you said had absolutely nothing to do with the name that is being decided on.  Because the name was not suggested by someone named Aeneas, the point is lost entirely.  So stop it.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: VSMIT on October 25, 2009, 11:45:38 AMBecause the name was not suggested by someone named Aeneas, the point is lost entirely.

I have to disagree with you there, his point still stands. That said, it doesn't bother me, and I do still like Aenaeds.

VSMIT

Why do you disagree?  His point was that naming them the Aenaeds is like naming them the AHadleys or VSMITs, after AHadley and myself, respectively.  The name Aenaeds has a good story behind it, and the Greek story works well with the story we've got here.

sabrebattletank

Quote from: VSMIT on October 25, 2009, 12:00:51 PMThe name Aenaeds has a good story behind it, and the Greek story works well with the story we've got here.

Right -- that's why it doesn't bother me as much. That's the counterpoint to his point. I buy it. I'm in.

Clavin12

But that's their story not ours and to remake my point it would be like naming them the Remus's or the Julius's.

This race is supposed to be very smart and have superb technology, and thus

The Synesians (after the Greek for wisdom)
The Synesii (after the Greek for wisdom)
The Gnosians (after the Greek for knowledge)
The Gnosii (after the Greek for Knowledge)
The Technologians (lol, after the Greek for Technology)
The Zoirians (after the Greek for smart)
The Komposians (after the Greek for smart)
The Oploians (after the Greek for weapon)
The Oplonians (after the Greek for weapon)
The Sophians (after the Greek goddess of knowledge)
The Athenians (after the Greek goddess of wisdom)
The Appollonians (after Apollo the god of culture, light, and truth)
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Clavin, however much you might not like it, you are not the decider and attempts at slander when you do not get your way will not be tolerated.

Click on the image...

sabrebattletank

Quote from: Nielk1 on October 25, 2009, 01:34:04 PM
Clavin, however much you might not like it, you are not the decider and attempts at slander when you do not get your way will not be tolerated.

Nono, he means the name Aeneads belongs with the story of Aeneas. Read the next half of his statement:

Quote from: Clavin12 on October 25, 2009, 12:52:45 PM
But that's their story not ours and to remake my point it would be like naming them the Remus's or the Julius's.

The antecedent of "their" is not "the story writers". It's the "real Aeneads."