• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Map released

Started by Crash, October 23, 2009, 06:12:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

Hi everyone!

I'm new to this forum, but i've been searching for the correct topic, didn't find it, so I use this part of the forum to present my first map ever created.

It's called Strange fortress, basicly inspired by ST River4, but made some adjustments.
It's good for strat and allied strat even (when u set 'teams' in FFA strat mode).
Complete tunnel systems, some hidden weapons and rooms, etc.

Here it can be downloaded: http://cid-8a32c4301e0722eb.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/ST/STStrange.zip

TheJamsh

Pretty good for a first upload. Want it in the expansion pack?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Crash

Yeah put it in if you want, my goal is to spread the map. The more people downloads it the better :-)

Crash

I've done some deeper testing of the map, and it had too many turrets on it, so I removed them, hope you will still enjoy it.

Link remained the same, recommended to download the new version.

Nielk1

Team 1's base area has a scorch and some scrap on the ground. This starts the game with a slight scrap imbalance for the teams. Also your tunnels are not all the correct height, so zooming though them I kept nicking things till I blew up (I was going rather fast).

I threw the 10/28/09 version of the map in the Addon Pack repository to get it around, I will pass anything said about it by the testers on to you if they do not themselves.

Click on the image...

Crash

Okay so if anyone finds any bugs on the map, please post here, I'll try to fix them.
Umm Nielk: you mean the tunnels underwater?

Nielk1

Quote from: Crash on October 28, 2009, 02:43:48 PM
Okay so if anyone finds any bugs on the map, please post here, I'll try to fix them.
Umm Nielk: you mean the tunnels underwater?

Yes, the height changes often as you go down. The best way to do tunnels is to place your entrance, then eye drop it to get it's height and turn off the ground button. Then place all your tunnels after that one based on that one's height, only ever changing by + or - 16 because of ramps.

Sadly it looks like you need to lay out all the tunnels again with all the little height misalignments.

Click on the image...

Crash

well I was trying to align the tunnels, the value is about 16, but not exactly 16, about 16.3 or something like it, it's because with 16 the tunnels on the way down have some gap between each other. Will try it with 16.

Nielk1

Remember, it is the height of the entrance +/- 16. So it could be 16.3, 0.3, -15.7, etc.
Hope this helps!

Click on the image...

Crash

well I was adding 16.3 to each level, so it can differ as you go down, all I need is to move the elements to their good position. Thanks for the advise :)

Red Devil

Tunnels need a snap-to option.
What box???

Crash

AHadley

Mr X

Quote from: Red Devil on October 28, 2009, 03:06:04 PM
Tunnels need a snap-to option.

That would be very useful, if difficult to acheive.

Of course the problem with snap-to things is when they keep thinking you want one thing when you actually want another.

Actually, what I'd like even more would be to make it possible to overlap tunnels, by which I mean having two tunnels occupy the same space on different levels. (I figure you could probably make two tunnels into one model to get around this, but I'd still have no idea where to begin :P)
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

bigbadbogie

You wouldn't be able to collide with one of them.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com