• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Advertise BZ2

Started by darkwarrior, October 23, 2009, 05:12:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darkwarrior

Hey guys its DarkWarrior, its been a very long time..

Anyways, this is just a question, but did you guys ever want battlezone 2 to like magically fill with 1000s of players.

If battlezone2 was as full as it was the first day it came out?

I think it would be cool, if people were on all day all around the world. I could probably introduce if its ok with you guys, over 200 people in a month.

What you think?

Warfreak

1. There are not enough legal copies in the world to do this it looks.

2. We don't exactly need 200 kids a week.

3. We would have the problem of which version to introduce them to first...

darkwarrior

Well for number 3, I was thinking of just releasing a installer for all of bz2 with 1.2 update. Seeing as it is the number one played. Well the one I play.

For number 2, they wouldnt be kids... but adults or late teens...

Warfreak

*pulls up Bzone.exe*
There are about as many 1.2 games up as 1.3pb3 and up.

You see the problem, we are too biased to successfully introduce new players without making it a war over taking the new players, which would scare them off.  :|

darkwarrior

ah lol, well the truth is, I play like 6 games and have at least 400 friends on them who follow me and do what I say lol. Kinda creepy. I would be like hey dl this game it owns. They will do it and play with me lawl.

sabrebattletank

I mean might as well, right? Just make sure it's done legally.

TheJamsh

I dont have any issues bringing hundreds more people to the game... but i would make them use the latest patch DW... mainly because they just should be by now.

If they play 1.2 they are going to quite frankly be lacking in features, lagging out experiencing bugs etc. If they are going to play give them the best experience of the game which is PB5.1

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Indeed, PB5.1 is most certainly the best patch available. It's like preferring ME to Windows 7... there really is no point unless your hardware won't run with it, and even then you're better off with XP.

bigbadbogie

Quote from: AHadley on October 24, 2009, 03:48:55 AM
Indeed, PB5.1 is most certainly the best patch available. It's like preferring '97 to Windows 7... there really is no point unless your hardware won't run with it.

So... playing Pb2 is like keeping XP?  :wink:
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

If you're going to do it DW, introduce them to the newest patch or you will be wasting your time. People these days cant be assed to mess around learning how to play the game without uncovering bugs. (AND, when experienced players know the bugs and you dont it makes it VERY frustrating).

5.1 FTW. That and the fact that the mod content is a hell of a lot better. (RV's kind of pee upon the old-age mods).

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Clavin12

Pb2 is 2k which isn't that bad.
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

Quote from: AHadley on October 24, 2009, 03:48:55 AM
like preferring ME to Windows 7

Corrected a little mistake... :evil:

Clavin12

Wasn't windows 7 free for download before it came out?
C l a v i n 1 2

Warfreak

No, a BETA of W7 was free to download. It expired before the full release.