• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Voiceovers not working

Started by Blackdog, October 25, 2009, 05:36:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blackdog

It seems both stock Bz2 1.3 and Forgotten enemies 1.3 voice overs don't work for me.. Im sure the solution is staring me in the face, but I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem? It does make the campaign rather dry without anyone talking. :P

General BlackDragon

1: is your sound setting's voice volume low?

2: Anything else wierd?

*****General BlackDragon*****

Blackdog

Voice settings are all on high, and nothing else really weird to speak of. I simply start, and everything is silent except effects and music.

bigbadbogie

That can't be good...

Try reinstalling BZ2.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

General BlackDragon

Yeah. Also, try checking sound channels? It's possible that somehow your sound channels have been set to 1 or 2, only letting that number of sounds play at once. I'm not sure if sound channels cuts off voice overs or which order sounds are prioritized. Mine is always 32 or 64 depending on wich PC I am on.

Also try updating sound card drivers?

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

wait a minute, what do you mean by voice overs? do you mean when you select the unit etc, and it doesnt say anything when you select it?

if yes, make sure that 'Talkative units in MP' is switched ON. The reason PB5.1 and all the PB's change this to off is because it can be annoying as hell. Strangely it affects ALL modes, not just MP.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Blackdog

Ah yeah, it was any AI Unit or ingame campeign units talking to me was silent. But I completely reinstalled BZ2, used STOCK bz2 from the CD and no units or campeign voices happen.. >.>
Cmd. Shabayev just looks at me.

TheJamsh

Sounds to me like a driver issue. When you next run the game, post the contents of "BATTLEZONE.TXT" log file, and we can have a look. (its in root directory usually, or My Docs>My Games>Battlezone II if using vista or windows 7).

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

It will probably be in User/Saved Games if using 7.