• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Water Colour On The Mini-Map

Started by TheJamsh, October 27, 2009, 08:39:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Having difficulty getting the mini-map to display your water colour correctly? Appearing all white or similar? This tutorial will tell you how to get BZ2 to start displaying correct water colours on the mini-map.

1) Okay first of all, place your water, and get it to the right colour that you need. I STRONGLY advise NOT relying on the colour of the texture, and using the pallete to get a correct colour. This may be more difficult, but it makes the mini-map readout far more accurate.

2) Ensure that the colour of the terrain UNDERNEATH the water is exactly what you want it to be as well.

3) One essential thing that you need to do (so it seems) is apply a Dome light first. Type the following into the console:

dome.light.select 0
dome.light.description 255 200 100 6 1

This will make the map use a red-ish dome light, you can change the colour if it affects youre map, but it usually doesnt.

4) Go to the 'color' pane, and paint a white colour OVER the colour under your water, and then INSTANTLY undo it.

5) The map read-out should now show coloured water.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

General BlackDragon

Also, a common fix for oddly colored map terrain:

Make sure there isn't a "transparent" texture layer over the existing layers.

For instance, if you have layer 0 and 1 used on a map, make sure that texture layers 2 and 3 are blank, not filled with a transparent texture.

*****General BlackDragon*****

AHadley

And how do we make them blank if they are filled with a transparent texture?

Also, I have noticed that domes do tend to affect a map's colour. I tend to use 'road.pic' (greyscale ISDF floor texture) for maps because they make bases look pretty good and also allow me to build under them, but whenever I apply a sky colour they change.

TheJamsh

You're probably applying a sun.color. Dome color doesn't change the terrain.

If they are full with a transparent texture, select another texture, put foreground to '0' and fill layer with texture. easy

Nielk1

Quote from: AHadley on October 27, 2009, 09:50:32 AM
And how do we make them blank if they are filled with a transparent texture?

Foreground = 0

Click on the image...

TheJamsh