• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Just a quick question

Started by Clavin12, October 28, 2009, 11:09:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

It'll be pretty simple, really.  But, yeah, I'm thinking ZTV's Waterworldâ„¢.
What box???

Mr X

Another idea, levels with flooding tunnels that contain really good equipment, you get a short period to grab the good gear before it is lost forever.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

Red Devil

What box???

Axeminister

In the first mission you go over a rock that breaks and Shabayev tells you to watch out for the terrain. You could but a pathpoint on that item and have it break at a random time for each game, any ships traversing it at the time would fall into lava and would eliminate an easy route to enemy at some point in game, who knows when. This whole scenario could be made to look like the lava was rising if the rock was invisible.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Red Devil

Good idea.  I saw that for the very first time last month even though I'd run that mission a dozen times or more.   :roll:

I also like the rockslide in that first Scion mission and in FE, but I think they were both cutscenes.
What box???

Nielk1

Rock slide replaces the passable model with one that is not, and I THINK a deploy animation like DLL animation trigger makes the rocks fall. Deploy is the easy ODF way to do it, then all you need is DLL replace and maybe blowing up anything that would be under the rocks.

Click on the image...

Red Devil

I was thinking bounce bombs.
What box???

General BlackDragon

Mmmmmm like 8 balls in toon world.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Clavin12

That's what i was just thinking.
C l a v i n 1 2

Red Devil

There is something better, though.
What box???

bigbadbogie

Bounce bombs would go through each other.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

In some my my maps im making the water flood certain areas. Its not a difficult thing to do

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

TheJamsh

The bounce bombs in Toon World would be far better off being Torpedo's with high lift_spring settings

AHadley

What is it with you and torpedo class? :P

TheJamsh

They are very useful ok :P

Although just to be an annoyance, maybe a wingman would work better... with odd physics :P (You'd be amazed what you can fake when playing around with physics)