• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Speech control for BZII

Started by Crash, October 28, 2009, 02:03:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crash

I was wondering about on how to make BZ 2 a bit easier, and considered that it can be done with speech recognition technology!

I'm not so pro in programming, that's why I don't do it myself, but I bet there's some programmers who know BZ 2 better.
Here's the link for the software development kit:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=5E86EC97-40A7-453F-B0EE-6583171B4530&displaylang=en

It has a working example to Age of Empires 2, I hope it helps you and we see a speech controlled BZ 2 soon.

Nielk1

Your best bet is an external program, I can't see BZ2 itself containing this. Especially with how mods constantly change the way things work.

Click on the image...

ScarleTomato

I like speech recognition on my RTS... if it's a console RTS.
PC RTS? I'll take the keyboard thanks.

GSH

Unless you're the announcer at a horse race, most people can type faster than they can talk. Hitting a few number keys to build a scav is *not hard*.

-- GSH

Nielk1

Now, find some nice voice chat stuff and slip GSH some bills :-P

Click on the image...

Crash

well, build a scav is not so hard, but for example build 2 walkers and 6 service trucks is a bit more difficult when you are in a mortar bike and circling around a walker.

Nielk1

I bet you could get a sound command to key combo program for the background.

Click on the image...

Crash

of course, it was just an idea.. :-)

AHadley

Quote from: Crash on October 28, 2009, 02:48:24 PM
well, build a scav is not so hard, but for example build 2 walkers and 6 service trucks is a bit more difficult when you are in a mortar bike and circling around a walker.

That's what switch command is for ;)

Mr X

Oh yes, because dodging an enemy with the chat menu covering your entire screen is easy... :roll:

But speech control doesn't seem necessary to me.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

Quote from: Mr X on October 28, 2009, 03:58:50 PM
Oh yes, because dodging an enemy with the chat menu covering your entire screen is easy... :roll:

But speech control doesn't seem necessary to me.

Before, you fool, before!

TheJamsh

We need a shortcut for giving up and taking command (Adds this to TJ's newkeys as he speaks).

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Mr X

http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

Quote from: TheJamsh on October 28, 2009, 04:21:05 PM
We need a shortcut for giving up and taking command (Adds this to TJ's newkeys as he speaks).

CTRL+M is change roles?

ScarleTomato

Quote from: AHadley on October 29, 2009, 09:11:57 AMCTRL+M is change roles
Dude! that is too cool! I just learned recently about alt-X on accident. Are there any other hotkeys i should be aware of?