• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Windows 7 Installation Problems

Started by BZSubmaximal, October 28, 2009, 10:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BZSubmaximal

Can't get BZ 2 to install in Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit...tried compatibility mode and still now luck

Zero Angel

Quote from: BZSubmaximal on October 28, 2009, 10:08:07 PM
Can't get BZ 2 to install in Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit...tried compatibility mode and still now luck
Try installing it on another computer, then copy your BZ2 folder to a thumbdrive or something and move it to your Win7 computer.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

GSH

The BZ2 installer executable (NOT BZ2's executable, just the installer exe) is a 16-bit app. 64-bit CPUs can't run 16-bit apps. Install on a 32-bit machine and copy the installed folder over. Or pay for Win 7 Pro (and/or up) which has a XP 32 bit mode you can use to run the installer.

MS *really* needs to provide a virtual machine to emulate 16-bit apps.

-- GSH

ScarleTomato

Alrighty well i had only one hitch installing BZ from the CD or installing the 5.1 patch. Works great, started up a game, graphics set to full. Very nice.

The only thing i had to do was open up the cd and run the setup.exe from the setup folder, instead of using the autorun executable. Didn't have to copy anything over, didn't have to manually set any compatibility modes, nothing. (I guess it automatically set the compatibility mode, cause in task manager it has a *32 after the process name.)

I'm running it under Windows 7 Professional 64 bit

Zero Angel

If one lacks another machine to install BZ2, you can build a windows XP liveCD similar to the one included on the later versions of "Hiren's Boot CD" and install it from there. Just sayin'  8-)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression