• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Solved: Any way to get iface.screenshot working in Windows 7?

Started by ScarleTomato, November 02, 2009, 11:08:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScarleTomato

I see NVM it works. I was just looking in the wrong place.
tl;dr - in Vista and 7 BZ saves logs, screenies, etc.. in the userdocs folder.

Original Message:
i've read that taking screenshots is causing lag in multiplayer, so it was cut out. Is there a way to turn it back on in the editor though? I want to take a picture of a battle for a new map, but if i use print screen it just comes out black.

EDIT: tried it in XP. it still works. In windows 7 it doesn't though.

Red Devil

What box???

Nielk1

Click on the image...

ScarleTomato

i don't see anything related to screenshots in either of those files. Is there a line i need to add in?

Thats what i wouldv'e thought but i can't get it to save any screenies.

i read something that if i'm not getting any screeshots, BZ2 should dump some errors to the log. My log doesn't look like its working right though. Any way i can turn this on? (Windows 7 may have something to do with this. Damn outrageous protective measures.)

EDIT: i think the missing log and the missing screenshots might be the same problem. I'm thinking windows 7 is preventing bzone from creating files.
I tried setting the permissions on the folder with 'Everyone' having full access but no luck.

Red Devil

From 5.1 Changelog:

- Added, to render*.cfg. See comments above it.

AllowScreenshots = 1

For those who don't know how, if W7 is preventing you from creating/modifying files:

1. right click on the folder
2. Select Properties
3. Select Security tab
4. Select your login ID/name
5. Click Edit
6. Select Full Control
7. Click Apply
8. Sit back and wait while it updates all the security settings.
What box???

AHadley

There is also a Take Ownership registry addon available which adds a context menu option which puts the selected item completely in the current user's control. Much quicker.

GSH

By default, Vista/Win7 should put the screenshots under MyDocs/My Games/Battlezone II/Screenshots .

-- GSH

ScarleTomato

Quote from: GSH on November 03, 2009, 10:37:07 AM
By default, Vista/Win7 should put the screenshots under MyDocs/My Games/Battlezone II/Screenshots .

-- GSH
That's what i was missing :P thanks.

Red Devil

Lol, i forgot i put /novista on my shortcut.  :lol:

BTW, if you purchase Fraps, you can save screenshots in .jpg format.
What box???

Axeminister

There is no knowledge that is not power.

Doomfrost

I've been having difficulties grabbing screen shots myself. I'm using Windows 7 and have full account control.
I went into the render.cfg file but found no AllowScreenshots = 1 entry so I added it. Still nothing.

What key is it bound to, I figured it was the prntscrn key because I used it there was a brief pause, but nothing
showed up in the screenshots folder under users\*username*\mydocuments\mygames\battlezone II\

What am I doing wrong?

Steeveeo

With Prntscrn, it copies to the clipboard. Open a program like MS Paint and hit ctrl+v.

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.