• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

alright people.....

Started by iron maiden, November 05, 2009, 12:47:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What should be the third factions name?

Thenoxii
0 (0%)
Rythmians
0 (0%)
Atlanteans
2 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 2

iron maiden

Seeing as it that the story is coming along nicely, the scion flagship is being named, and other suggestions are being put through, i think it would be fair enough to get back on the topic of naming the third Cthonian faction. Now, i know that the previous topic started by Mr.X and the story post thread have become a place for constant bickering over the subject so I'll make it short and sweet. Each person that wishes to will post
ONE!!!!!!! suggestion in the thread and three days after this post those suggestions will be put into a poll for the community to vote on.

PLEASE NOTE: Be very careful with which suggestion you put forth. If the suggestion immediately refers to a common object or piece of literature etc.[i.e the Neil Armstrongii] it will immediately be put down.

My own suggestion: The Thenoxii, referring to the suggestion of the Phoenix symbol in the Mr.X thread relating to the third faction.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Nielk1

TS had a great name a few ppl liked.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I like Thenoxii too actually, despite being completely made up. I did like TS's too though.

Clavin12

My official suggestion: The Rythmians

Rythmizo is the Greek word "to rule". Considering that in the story they seem to be in control of most of the stuff happening I think it is a proper name. An alternative would be The Arxomians from the ancient Greek term "to rule" Arxomai.
C l a v i n 1 2

Zero Angel

Atlantean is my suggestion. Though I also like Thenoxii and I dont know what TS's suggestion is.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chthonian_%28Cthulhu_Mythos%29

QuoteIn Sherrilyn Kenyon's fantasy novel, Acheron, the Cthonians are a race of primal, higher beings, all of which are more powerful than either the Atlantean or Olympian gods. These beings act as the arbitrators of the cosmos, and their edicts are strictly adhered to by all beings, most especially the taboo forbidding one god from slaying another. The absolutism of their rule is stated early in the novel, when Apollymi, the Atlantean goddess of destruction and the mother of the protagonist, refrains from attacking and destroying her husband, the god Archon, out of fear of the Cthonians and their retribution. Later in the story, the main character, Acheron, is mentored by a Cthonian named Savitar, the only such being to make an appearance and who is described as having a deep connection with the ocean.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Nielk1

TS's got buried by crap and I don't remember it exactly, but it fit the mythos, story, meaning, and every other requirement. It just isn't the idea of some of our more... driven... members so they talk it down best they can. Hence the buried.

Click on the image...

Warfreak

iron maiden

warfreak, is that a suggestian you are putting forth or do you have your own to present? If you want Aeneans in the poll, TS will have to submit it himself.

Nielk1

Quote from: iron maiden on November 05, 2009, 05:22:37 PM
warfreak, is that a suggestian you are putting forth or do you have your own to present? If you want Aeneans in the poll, TS will have to submit it himself.

He already did... It's not like he is around a lot to submit it again. Saying something like that is simply a sly way to cut it out of the poll early.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

no, i was simply asking if that was his suggestion. Only those submitted on this thread by a person or by another on that person's behalf will be in the poll

Nielk1

Quote from: iron maiden on November 05, 2009, 09:32:24 PM
no, i was simply asking if that was his suggestion. Only those submitted on this thread by a person or by another on that person's behalf will be in the poll
Which cuts out a perfectly valid suggestion posted in another topic by someone who rarely comes around here. So, yes...

Click on the image...

VSMIT

Nipping this in the bud, we didn't have any major issues with using Aneads for the name of the faction.  Unless someone comes up with a GOOD reason for not using that name, this thread is done.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bigbadbogie

Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

What happened to the poll? And I do have a good reason against it. They are NOT the followers of Aenead. They are their own people and I suggest we make them their own name.
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

VSMIT, I remember clear as day sending you a personal message detailing my dislike of the term Aeneads. Anyone who has any understanding of Greek literature would immediately understand the reference. Besides, If they were called the Aeneads, how did that name drift back to Earth for the use of the followers of Aeneas being the Aeneads?