• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Running at high TPS

Started by TheJamsh, November 06, 2009, 04:03:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheJamsh

Does anyone on the boards run at higher TPS than 10? I tried running at 20 just to see the difference, and well there doesnt seem to be much really. Aside from the fact my weapons with a 0.05 fire rate fire at regular intervals now...

GSH seems to think there will probably be a few high-TPS bugs that appear, but what actually qualifies as high? At what point am i drowning my CPU in digits?

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

TheJamsh

Turns Per Second. BZ2 runs at 10TPS default (i.e., all the code is executed 10 times a second).

AHadley

Ah yes. It sounded familiar. Didn't know it was possible to change though, which is probably what threw me off.

mrtwosheds

QuoteAside from the fact my weapons with a 0.05 fire rate fire at regular intervals now...
This setup seems to work ok to me.
[CannonClass]
OnlyOneSound = true
shotDelay = 0.1
salvoCount = 2
salvoDelay = 0.05
shotVariance = 0.01

I have not tested in mp yet though.

TheJamsh

curiously, salvo's seem to work better with ridiculously high firerates at 10TPS (like the resin for example), but machine guns can get... odd if its too low.

Nielk1

Thumpers not only simulate at simulation rate but render at simulation rate. That means they are choppy unless you use a higher TPS.

Click on the image...

Commando

The main difference I notice is the fact that audio files seem to play faster at higher tps settings.

TheJamsh

to change the TPS, you just add something like this to the shortcut right?

/tps 50

i didnt notice any difference, but it felt a LOT smoother at 50 TPS.

Nielk1

Um... Valid values are 10, 15, 20, and 30.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

must have just been my imagination running off on one then. Or that i tested on a blank map and was averaging about 500fps...

Nielk1

fps are on a different loop than tps.

Click on the image...

Commando

To play in multiplayer with higher tps, that commandline switch does not work.  You have to add TPS = 30 to gameprefs.ini, then you have to enter /allowhightps to your shortcut.  Your method only works in singleplayer as far as I know.