• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

character naming and other minor details any wish to bring up...

Started by iron maiden, November 06, 2009, 11:36:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iron maiden

So, how many characters will we have? If so, i recommend Howard Donaldson for the protagonist, just because I like the name.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Clavin12

Is there an official antagonist, or does that depend on which side you take at the junction?
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

believe it depends mostly on the junction but we are all waiting for the final part of the story.

AHadley

It does indeed depends on which side you take at the junction.

Please be aware that BOTH of the main characters in the CP are also the main characters in Perfidious. You will be affecting my own mod with your suggestions too.

I remember recommending Adam Chandler as the main protagonist. I know it follows the Adam/Eve pattern, but I still think it sounds pretty good.

I would also like to commend iron maiden on taking such control over the situation. Karma++.

iron maiden

please, I'm just trying to get the CP moving along.[blushes]

By the way, hate to sound tacky here, but could another possible poll be done for the protagonist names?

AHadley

iron maiden

in that case, any who wish to submit a name can. No Name will be turned away unless that name is synonymous with the opposite gender of the protagonist.

AHadley

But remember that there are both male and female characters to be named. The name you suggest may not be used for one of the two main characters but you may find it used elsewhere.

Nielk1

Quote from: Nielk1 on June 29, 2009, 12:13:12 AM
I figured this might be of help. It uses 1990s census data for names, so it is REAL NAMES, not that fantasy mumbo jumbo you get from RPG name makers. It can use the probability from the census data as well to output more common names more often.

Thank OM for improving it so much too.

Some of you know it quite well.

RAR
7Zip

I apologize for the link format. You do not need to be logged into BZComplex to download the forum attachment so I linked directly to that. Any issue say so and I will get it in a normal FTP.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

I think it should be a Scion like name (or Scionic). Note the patterns in FE and BZ2. The Scion names are often french sounding. How about Jean Florence?
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Scions are named the same as humans. Burns, John Cooke, etc.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Oh well... I like french names anyway. How about Jean Florence?
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

its not that its a bad name, but it does not sound like something you would want a manly, heroic man having. Donaldson, now that's a manly name. Can't go wrong with the Scandinavian ones.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

i'll keep that as your official name prooposal, sounds much better.