• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Clavin12's Models/Concepts

Started by Clavin12, November 07, 2009, 05:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrtwosheds

Its a mine layer, its packed full of explosives, make it go bang big time, drive lots of them into your enemys base.

iron maiden

Good idea, pack 'em up with nukes and watch the fireworks! :-D :-D :-D :mrgreen:
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

Looks good, keep up the good work. :-D

VSMIT

It looks like you based it on the Cerberi Talon (or Hadean Zeus), but just bridged the forks.

Come up with something new.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

bb1

iron maiden

Mmh, know that you mention it.......

Clavin12

I actually based it kind of on a pod racer because I like the look of them.
C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

Reminded me of Hadean Zeus straight away.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

iron maiden

Did not remind me of either because the ship went the other way, in that the two talons were engines.

Clavin12

Just for you Vsmit

And A picture of its UV unwrap. Is it good this way?

Why is it that bmp's take so much longer to upload than jpg's?
C l a v i n 1 2

iron maiden

Um.......Clavin.........pardon my french but.....................

WHAT...............THE HELL...............IS THAT?!

VSMIT

Quote from: iron maiden on December 11, 2009, 02:04:46 PM
Did not remind me of either because the ship went the other way, in that the two talons were engines.
Hey, man, what are you smoking?  Play FE again, then re-enter this conversation.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

iron maiden

So VSMIT, what your saying is that I am pretty much stupid because I did not see Clavin's models for what you think it is? Do you have something against me seeing someones model differently? I simply got a different impression of the model when I first saw it and now see the resemblance now that I know which way it is susposed to go.

Zero Angel

Quote from: Clavin12 on December 11, 2009, 02:17:16 PM
Why is it that bmp's take so much longer to upload than jpg's?
BMP -- No algorithms to compress it, in other words it has a lot of unnecessary data. Think of trying to move furniture to a different location by moving the whole house. Its clumsy and inefficient. So it takes longer. Another way to look at it is if I were to say every number out loud "11111111111 000000000 110110110 110110110 110110110 110110110 110110110 110110110", it would take a lot of time.

PNG -- Uses 'lossless' compression in order to make the filesize small, and does not remove detail. Think of a moving truck where the furniture is efficiently packed, and stacked ontop of each other. Another way to look at it is if I were to say "1x11,0x10,110x18", its a lot quicker than saying each one and each zero -- if you knew how to convert those instructions into the long version (like in the bmp example) you save a lot of space (and breath) telling another person. That is sort of how compression works.

JPG -- Removes some detail in order to give a small filesize. Its sort of like squishing the furniture really really tightly together on the truck, to the point where the furniture becomes a little bit damaged, though you wont notice all the damage all over the furniture unless you look closely. JPEG takes a lot of shortcuts in order to make the file small so it downloads quickly, but the shortcuts it takes end up causing the image to develop artifacts (those little 'nose halos' that tend to gather around the edges of objects), the smaller you compress the image, the more noisy it gets.

GIF -- Uses a compression algorithm to remove unnecessary data, but only supports 256 colors and optimizes best for simple art (like these forum smilies) and not complex things like photos.

I hope my analogies were good enough.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression