• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Clavin12's Models/Concepts

Started by Clavin12, November 07, 2009, 05:51:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bb1

GIF should be updated to higher color allowances... then life would be swell. Or I could learn animated PNGs (I'm assuming it has to do with the other images in underneath layers and the top layers hiding after a specified time).

Nobody mentioned this, but I see E.T. with little wings, the kind small birds try to flutter in a futile attempt to escape the ground.

E.T killed video games

Zero Angel

PNG has all of the advantages of GIF, but without any of its limitations. It even supports true transparancy. The only problem is that a photographic style PNG file will be noticably larger in filesize than a well-optimized JPEG file of the same picture (however will not contain compression artifacts which lower the image quality). As well it should be noted that only the latest browsers support animated PNG files -- this is only important if you are trying to show it to people who are not computer literate enough to use a more modern browser.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

Warfreak

Zero Angel

Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel

iron maiden

Perhaps we could make that a new form of walker?! :-D
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

sabrebattletank

Huh, never knew PNG was lossless.

So PNG is the FLAC of picture formats? I always just thought it was some new, lossy format.

VSMIT

Quote from: iron maiden on December 11, 2009, 03:59:53 PM
So VSMIT, what your saying is that I am pretty much stupid because I did not see Clavin's models for what you think it is? Do you have something against me seeing someones model differently? I simply got a different impression of the model when I first saw it and now see the resemblance now that I know which way it is susposed to go.
Usually when someone posts a picture of a ship they create, they post a picture of the front of it.  And where have you seen a ship where the front is higher than the back?  I'm not calling you stupid.  I'm calling you unobservant.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

Zero Angel

Quote from: sabrebattletank on December 11, 2009, 05:48:32 PMSo PNG is the FLAC of picture formats?
Yes, that is a good way to describe it.
{bac}Zero Angel

sabrebattletank

Quote from: VSMIT on December 11, 2009, 05:52:06 PMAnd where have you seen a ship where the front is higher than the back?
Why haven't we? Let's see some of those, thanks. Worst come to worst we don't end up liking them. Best come to best we do.

iron maiden

SBT brings up a good point, why have we never seen that?
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Mr X

because the front would just dip forwards because of gravity.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

sabrebattletank

Bio-metal makes that not happen. Duh.

Mr X

Biometal is not completely immune to gravity. Its just for want of a better term resistant to it,

if the front is higher than the back and the weight is distributed evenly it will dip forwards.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

sabrebattletank

bb1

It doesn't have to listen to gravity, but aerodynamically it doesn't make sense. The air would be pushed under it and kill the lift. In a vacuum, though, the point would be moot. Plus, ships in combat are better off low profile. It presents a smaller target. That is, unless the tallness comes from an uber-cannon  :evil: