• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

How does one take down a swarm base?

Started by Zero Angel, November 08, 2009, 05:59:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Played a match of FS2 lately, we were PR and going against swarm. Most of the game we dominated on dogfighting and held all the field pools, however couldnt really seige their base or do anything. Eventually they built up a force inside of their base and overran our main base. Most of my standard ship weapons seemed to be weak vs bases, and even the heavy units like vanguards and walkers could not outrange guntowers.

What are the tactics for cracking a swarm base anyways?
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

TheJamsh

I tend to steer towards the plasma cannon if you are the Raven Claw, as its got a lot of firepower.

As for PR, i would probably get a squady of stock punnishers, and get the long-range barrage rockets against them. The only problem there of course is ammunition levels, and the swarm have fast health regeneration. Maybe provide them with some ST's, or move your service bay (:D) closer the their base, and swarm with lots of light fast units, while the punnishers barrage them.

I always thought that the PH were quite underpowered really, especially considering how much longer it takes to get a base up-and-running.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

Chain and FaF are good against strikers. Some stuff may be better but that was the stuff i had and it did pretty darn well. ( just downloaded the first one and played a single)
C l a v i n 1 2

Red Devil

Scion, I use Archers and rain death down from above, taking out their Regenerator/Recycler first.

ISDF, a boatload of ATanks with chain turret/truck support.

Also, just I don't use Attack orders, but just Goto and Hold orders for SP Sabres/ Chain Scouts and send them to the back of their base, so they don't get distracted by a fight.
What box???

bigbadbogie

As the Phaer-Rhan, a few squads of Exterminators armed with Proton cannons can easily overwhelm Swarm bases.

Retaliators with Microwave Pulse rockets are also pretty good.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Clavin12

Um...Is there anyway to change the weapons you get or get a new weapon as the swarm?
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

I always felt like making genes you could splice in but stock swarm, no.

Click on the image...