• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

got something new for my MOD need some input on it. I got pics.

Started by S.cavA.rmyG.en, November 08, 2009, 11:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero Angel

Quote from: S.cavA.rmyG.en on November 09, 2009, 01:45:55 AM
even if some one els came up with it be fore i actuly got it working.

LOL. You do have a point there.  :-D

Thats neat. Its always a good thing when someone does something new and innovative and actually shows or releases their work.

Of course an unstoppable con could just demolish the enemy recy and that's game (The CM1 rec variant is awesome for rec demofests)
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

S.cavA.rmyG.en

Quote from: Zero Angel on November 09, 2009, 01:48:26 AM
LOL. You do have a point there.  :-D

Thats neat. Its always a good thing when someone does something new and innovative and actually shows or releases their work.

Of course an unstoppable con could just demolish the enemy recy and that's game (The CM1 rec variant is awesome for rec demofests)

I made units to defen bases and kill the builders. note: the cons cost 200 scrap each.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?

VSMIT

So I take it that players will start with the cons?

If that's the case, how will they stop other players from demolishing the base at the start of the game?  Since they wouldn't have the scrap to be able to afford the necessary defense?

Quote from: S.cavA.rmyG.en on November 09, 2009, 01:37:19 AM
enGresh ? or ACSII HEX
pick one.
English.  You live in the United States, you can speak it.  So type it.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

one more thing becouse of how high the con is it is out of radar range so it can not be used as a scout but It can build them.
it thair it a jamer up it can demalish anything so I made a isdf jammer as a back up.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

S.cavA.rmyG.en

Quote from: VSMIT on November 09, 2009, 02:01:00 AM
So I take it that players will start with the cons?

If that's the case, how will they stop other players from demolishing the base at the start of the game?  Since they wouldn't have the scrap to be able to afford the necessary defense?
English.  You live in the United States, you can speak it.  So type it.

you take it!
it don't work that way yet didn't do that becouse one unit can't build everthing and AIP is all ways a mess when trying.
you see that has far to meny problems and is just a bit of a cheep way to do this.

so I did it my way you build it as a upgraded unit.

like the DEF.builder forme SRV.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

S.cavA.rmyG.en

English.You live in the United States, you can speak it.  So type it.I can read it to but that dose not mean I will lesen to you.vsmat
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

S.cavA.rmyG.en

[GameObjectClass]
baseName = "ibrecy"
[FactoryClass]
[BuildGroup5]
buildLabel = "Constructor"
buildItem1 = "ivcons"
buildItem2 = "ivcons2"
buildItem3 = "ivcons3"
buildItem4 = "ivcons5"

I just put a build /////// REQUIREMENTS ///////////////

requireCount = 1
requireName1 = "ibtcen"
requireText1 = "Build Tech Center"
requireName2 = "ib683
requireText2 = "Build AVD.ComTower"//note acts as a tammer

////////////////////////////////////
on ivcons5 aka the SAT builder
this way you haft to build at lest the back up DEF to build the unit.
same for scions just used a diffrent model.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

S.cavA.rmyG.en

the prime DEF is a unit I maked that gose into orbit over you base and kills the other teams builder/s

you can build more than one.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

Zero Angel

I just thought of a suitable defense against having a satcon rec an enemy recycler. Simply give the satcon a non-standard armor class, and then have a mine tapped to certain buildings such as commbunkers, extractors, and the recycler which emits a field that only does damage to the non-standard armor that the satcon is using. In other words, if it gets near those buildings and tries to demo them, then it will be destroyed.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

S.cavA.rmyG.en

that is one way to do it but not the way I did I made a radar turent that sits a the same hight as the cons and has a one hit kill weapon it would kill a base in under a min but is so high in the air it can't see the units on the ground the only target it gets is the con flying level with it i set it range to acount fore a good sized base.
it works and unlike the taps it can be moved were need and dosn't take up space in the base like a building would.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

TheJamsh

requireName2 = "ib683
That line wont work until you add another " to the end.

To me (although i too am finding it a bit difficult to understand whats going on), it looks like what you've done is made a hover constructor, and set its altitude to something insane so it appears to be coming from space...

This is going to cause problems eventually.

You realise that you could have faked that build effect with a draw_bolt? so there would be no need to have the constructor so high in the sky. You can then remove the beam from the constructor, and hey presto, it looks like a constructor is sending orders to something high in the sky, without the need to actually have one there.

In one of my races from serenesis, they have a similar idea, whereby the majority of their units and buildings are sent down from space. But in there system, everything is sent down in 'pods', which crash into the surface of a planet and leave the unit behind. DLL needs to be used for this of course. Once they are down, they can re-locate in a manner similar to the Phaer Rahn, but will be able to undeploy themselves at your command with additional DLL help.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

hmmm
this is done with out any DLL help and why would I want to go back to that fake ANI when if i did
I would half to re right and test all the files just to get it to look the same and not work the same.
or at all.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

S.cavA.rmyG.en

at the speeds that I set con it wont stay on the map if it was faked Its not a hover class is aircraft class used the[ pathType = 4 ]tag and aircraft phys.
no normal con can move at 300 without hiting some thing and flying out of control.
I will be back but it 5:48 so I haft to stop here for now.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

AHadley

VSMIT is a global moderator. Thus you WILL listen to him whether you like it or not.

You have proven that you can type in a faintly recognisable form of English. Unlike what you are now typing in, it was at least legible. So, please try to type in a language with some semblance of legibility.

Also, a shot of the constructor itself would be good. I suspect at the moment that it is simply a constructor that walks about suspended a few kilometres in the air.

Nielk1

This is something I've been working on too, but I never got the CONS to move fast enough and stop fast enough, it would always undershoot or overshoot the target.

Place the cons in a Base Slot to make it seem more... normal.

Click on the image...