• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

got something new for my MOD need some input on it. I got pics.

Started by S.cavA.rmyG.en, November 08, 2009, 11:53:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

S.cavA.rmyG.en

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 09, 2009, 10:18:44 AM
This is something I've been working on too, but I never got the CONS to move fast enough and stop fast enough, it would always undershoot or overshoot the target.

Place the cons in a Base Slot to make it seem more... normal.
yes this is one of two ways to fix that overshoot/undershooting Glich the other is one I could use to fake it with and subterrain CONs
but I have yet to get that to work right but I can't say I have not made some progres.
if I place the cons in a Base Slot It would kind of interfer with having more than one one oposing teams. having 3 lets you bulid remote DEFs or upgrade pools faster also I have one miner glich do to the idle behaver of the cons rig class thay retreat back to there base when done building. yes I allreddy know how to fix this just have not yet. I thank all of you who posted plese feel free to post any questions or requests here.
right now I do not have a working FTP server so I will haft to email asets to any one that asks fore them.
post file request here.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?

General BlackDragon

For the ancients race in my stargate mod i made the const an invisible high altitude thing. I wanted to build whereever you wanted. :P

*****General BlackDragon*****

bigbadbogie

Quote from: General BlackDragon on November 09, 2009, 08:09:01 PM
For the ancients race in my stargate mod i made the const an invisible high altitude thing. I wanted to build whereever you wanted. :P

The problem is that you can still see it move on radar and with the HUD.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

AHadley

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 09, 2009, 08:22:47 PM
The problem is that you can still see it move on radar and with the HUD.

Some quick ODF flags will fix that.

bigbadbogie

But it is on your team and you command it. You can't hide friendly objects.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

S.cavA.rmyG.en

he is right but this gets close to hiding it as it is out of radar range
3515m ha ha ha.
now to make it build a another nuke.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

Axeminister

Wow, if you're talking about building anywhere without having to wait for the constructor to travel then I'd say that is cool. Build anywhere, anytime, sounds devilish!
There is no knowledge that is not power.

S.cavA.rmyG.en

Quote from: Axeminister on November 10, 2009, 07:48:24 AM
Wow, if you're talking about building anywhere without having to wait for the constructor to travel then I'd say that is cool. Build anywhere, anytime, sounds devilish!

I still travles but at a speed that rivles blink so it dose not matter that it Travles.
devilish hmm no thats when I build nukes whith it.
or take a base appart one building at a time.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

S.cavA.rmyG.en

one thing I need to do befor this relese is to change the AIPs name or make me one for the RV to work right in multi.
this is one thing I don't know how to do yet so do you guys have some pointers you can give me.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│

CivBase

Frankly, I don't like it.  It sounds like it's not easy to beat, and even if there is a unit built to counter it, is that unit any good against anything else?  With RTS, it's generally not a good idea to have only one counter to a super unit.  In fact, it's generally not a good to have a super unit at all.

If you could work out a more effective counter, though... like making everything built by the constructor cost extra, or giving the constructor a range (a significant size, but still a range).  The constructor itself would also have to cost a lot and not be available until a significant amoutn of construction can be completed.  Perhaps you could also create a jammer unit or structure that can nullify the constructors ability within a cirtain range (though I'm guessing that would require hardcoding).

VSMIT has a point, it is very difficult to read what you say.  There's no sense in being imature and purposely scrambling what you say just to annoy him.  A little respect would be nice.

Russian Roulette

Also give the constructor a scrap allowance, say 1 scrap per second.
And as a counter you can make ground based missile launchers that have enough range to take it out.

Making units to take it out is good, but you would need more than that to even the playing field.

I'd imagine we could have some fun with this... you could use this in the capital ship battles, as fighters are common, Just something to think about.

iron maiden

Perhaps you could have it so that when it fly's over an enemy base, you can see everything that is going on without having to send a scout near the base and use a comm bunker or such.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Mr X

If you ask me a flying constructor that travels anywhere instantly is a broken unit,

You can just build gun towers/spires (spires especially) anywhere and the other player wont be able to stop you. My recommendation would be to put this in a recycler variant with flyers that can shoot it down, and decrease the speed so that they have a chance. And if possible make it take longer to build stuff.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

mrtwosheds

Nielk1

Quote from: Mr X on November 11, 2009, 01:17:20 PM
If you ask me a flying constructor that travels anywhere instantly is a broken unit,

All issues can be fixed. It is a great unit, but it must be heavily balanced. Construction rules must be changed, and the very way things are demolished must be reworked.

You cannot say something is broken just because you cannot see its worth.

Click on the image...