• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Check this out!

Started by Dx, November 09, 2009, 08:40:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Devil

This looks like it'll be a big help to game modders/devs.   8-)

Of course, OM told us about this in irc about a nanosecond after it became available.   :lol:
What box???

Dx

OM is on top of it cool. ;)

I tried it on my 2.4Ghz pc and it stoped responding, i'll have to check it out on the new pc later.

TheJamsh

UDK, GORGEOUS engine :)

I do... i just love it. Dabbled with the particle system, materials and map maker in Gears of War, UT1999. I think this is probably the best game engine ever.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

So...

The Engine Gods have dropped an awesome gift on the world, and here's a board just chock full of modders, modelers, and coders...  who love a couple of obscure hybrid FPS/RTS games that started with a 70's muscle car racing game...

Well????

You're still sitting there???

Lol...

-Av-

sabrebattletank

TheJamsh

I would LOVE to move BZ2 to the unreal engine, but i sure as hell wouldn't be able to do it on my own.

AND, if we did do it, we would have to spruce things up a LOT, or otherwise there is just no point.

Nielk1

I think BZ1 needs a new engine, not BZ2...

I am much too busy.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

I would very much like to get my BZ2 projects done first... but... i would like even more to do them in that engine :)

Dx

I tried it on the new pc now, looks great but, i like a envirement i can destroy. :)
I can see now we would need a dll for bz vehicle physics.

TheJamsh

OvermindDL1 is the person to speak to. He knows UScript as well as any other programming language.

General BlackDragon

if you guys do make BZ1 in the unreal tournament engine, I call remaking all the weapons :)

*****General BlackDragon*****

TheJamsh

Just Unreal engine. nothing tournament about it. Loads of games have been made in it. I know UE's particle system pretty well by now too. Hell i will probably be using this all the time in uni next year now.

Axeminister

Why redo Battlezone 1 in any engine? It gets a 93% score from PC Gamer magazine and is famous in it's own right more so than Battlezone II. I have never understood why someone would do anything except add more ships/weapons and gameplay to that game. It has the better game engine already. No offense to Avatar but why o why would the community convert it to another game engine.
If this Unreal engine is so good please don't even consider wasting time putting some old worn out game onto it. Build Battlezone III for Christs sake!
There is no knowledge that is not power.

TheJamsh

We couldnt make a BZ3 (well we could, but in reality, NO ONE wants a bz3)...

The reason i say re-make it, is it could be spiced up the the extreme. Doors for modders fly open. And as for job interviews?? Imagine applying somewhere telling them you are fluent in all things game-engine holy, and even moved and old game into a new engine.

UEngine is probably the most powerful game engine ever made. You can do things BZ2's engine could only dream off. You can program in BZ2-style physics, and hell you can even use the original assets if you wanted to. If i was to get involved in such a thing though, i would re-design the assets from the ground-up. Im doing that with serenesis already anyway, just within BZ2's engines limits.

Any creators/devs, dont take this as whining :P. I know the limits...