• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

bz2 xsi

Started by skyhigh95, November 09, 2009, 03:56:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skyhigh95

Hey,  :-D

I was doing some modelling a new tank but every time I type in its name in the config of the bz2 editor
the game keeps freezing. :cry: :cry:
I also made 2 other models but they work perfectly and their sizes are about below 100 kb but this one is

1.289 kb

so im thinkin that the xsi is too big but i dont really know.
can anyone help me

thanks in ADV. :-)

bigbadbogie

There could be any number of reasons why it makes the game freeze.

If you could post the contents of your BATTLEZONE.log right after the game has frozen it could help us to figure out what is wrong.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

TheJamsh

Sounds to me like you have made a model, but havent made the necessary files to go with, like ODF's maybe?

May be wrong, but your post is very vague.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

VSMIT

Please also provide the specs of the model (polycount, mostly).
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

GSH

Also, ensure there is 1 texture, and 1 texture only. And that it's XSI 1.1 format.

-- GSH

bigbadbogie

Quote from: GSH on November 09, 2009, 08:14:06 PM
Also, ensure there is 1 texture, and 1 texture only.

I have working vehicle models with more than 1 texture...

My BZ2 mods:

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

VSMIT

More specifically, make sure there is only one texture per object.
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

General BlackDragon

you can have multiple textures assigned to an object. i've done it before.

*****General BlackDragon*****

GSH

One texture per polygon. I've seen some XSIs w/ multiple textures on a polygon. BZ2 was NOT happy loading them.

-- GSH

Nielk1

Quote from: GSH on November 10, 2009, 11:45:52 AM
One texture per polygon. I've seen some XSIs w/ multiple textures on a polygon. BZ2 was NOT happy loading them.

-- GSH

You can even DO that?

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

Sure... if you put different textures on trianglular faces within 1 polygon.

My BZ2 mods:

skyhigh95

sorry guys it took me so long to do a reply.

i fixed up the ploy count which was up in the 100000s range and i was able to  :-D
bring it down to about 2000 because of the spheres on the object.

and yes i have an odf file for it

just on a note where do u find bz2 mesh editor so i can copy the stock buildings collision mshs and put them on my own customs?

Warfreak

No such thing.

There is however a zip containing all the stock .xsi lurking around bzscrap.com

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 10, 2009, 12:26:28 PM
You can even DO that?

In Max you create a multi-texture material by assigning two textures and the opacity for each.  This is in addition to all the other textures used to define opacity, reflectivity, bump, etc..   I can't imagine the game engine that would take ALL of that into account, and don't blame them for using a single texture per poly.

As said above, use one texture for each individual piece of your object and you should be fine.

-Av-

anomaly

Quote from: skyhigh95 on November 11, 2009, 03:46:32 PM
just on a note where do u find bz2 mesh editor so i can copy the stock buildings collision mshs and put them on my own customs?
The bz2 model editor can be found on www.bzscrap.com.  You can also find the .zip with all the stock .xsi models there, too.  Mind you though, bz2 model editor cant actually edit the meshes in a model.  Instead you can just swap out and move around the individual objects that make up a model.  But, that sounds like all you want to use it for so it might work.  Still, the program has some major pitfalls and is generally avoided.