• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

mistake in uninstalling battlezone2

Started by monobrow, November 11, 2009, 01:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monobrow

a little while ago i deleted some file on my vista for battle zone 2 manually instead of using the install program after doing this the game wouldn't reinstall so i just took the memory back to one of the days i added a patch.
well the game now wont play install or reinstall and i would at least like it to install so i can reinstall it properly any advice?

AHadley

Run the installer on the CD manually and install to the same location. the installer can be found at d:\setup.exe.

Mr X

This might work (It does when I do it):

Manually delete all of the BZ2 files, then run the cd and select re-install.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

monobrow

Quote from: Mr X on November 11, 2009, 02:25:53 PM
This might work (It does when I do it):

Manually delete all of the BZ2 files, then run the cd and select re-install.
thats the reason that im in this problem i manually deleted and it wouldnt reinstall

monobrow

and if i try to uninstall it says that it cant find the installation file so either its not on the computer or its somewhere it shouldn't be

Mr X

Have you restarted your computer since removing the files?
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

monobrow

squirrelof09

Try going into the setup folder in the CD and run the setup.exe file (Blue computer screen icon). THat should fix you up.
fight till death our forums -> http://www.forums.bzfiend.com/index.php?

Nielk1

Quote from: squirrel on November 11, 2009, 04:02:30 PM
Try going into the setup folder in the CD and run the setup.exe file (Blue computer screen icon). THat should fix you up.

IE do what it is said to do to install multiple copies. Simply run that EXE again. Though I have not installed BZ2 in years, I have a fresh clean install I zipped up and use to make whatever one I need.

Click on the image...

anomaly

How many times have we been over this people?  He has vista so the setup.exe that you see in the main directory of the cd doesn't work because its 16-bit.  So instead, navigate to one of the folders where you will find another program also called setup.exe which you can run.

Edit: this is directed at everyone before squirrel posted.

Nielk1

Quote from: anomaly on November 11, 2009, 05:24:55 PM
How many times have we been over this people?

We don't, it is his own mismatch of information that causes discussion. If he did a so called "manual" install, there would be ZERO uninstall option, thus he did not do a "manual" install and must have installed it in Vista via compatibility, which MANY people have done. You can even install on Windows 7 if you get a clue.

Click on the image...

monobrow

ok i origonally installed it with cd just manually deleted the files
and because i do use vista it does mess up the exe files
now i took the memory back as i said before so the files are there they just dont run right so
please stat the solution as simply as possible i am not very savy witht the files
oh and i need to restate that when i uninstall or attempt to it says it cant find the install file

Nielk1

What anomaly said.

Quote from: anomaly on November 11, 2009, 05:24:55 PM
Edit: this is directed at everyone before squirrel posted.
lol

Click on the image...

monobrow

since i dont know exactly what im doing how do i access the set up file on the cd?

monobrow

actually nvm i got to the file now should i manually delete the old files?