• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Nielk1's Models/Concepts

Started by Nielk1, November 06, 2009, 06:17:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VSMIT

Quote from: TheJamsh on November 15, 2009, 05:28:28 AM
Now i know its a scout, maybe some more scout-like objects can be added? Im thinking... antenna, odd-looking dish maybe...
Where were those on the Thunderbolt?  Or Scout?  Or Razor?  Or Flanker?
I find that if I don't have a signature, some people disregard the last couple of lines of a long post.
Quote from: Lizard
IQ's have really dropped around here just recently, must be something in the water.

TheJamsh

Snooper Scout. And remember its a suggestion not an order...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

I don't think it should have those. It's not like the cthonians.
C l a v i n 1 2

bigbadbogie

These ships will predate even the artifacts from BZ1!!

They can be anything at all.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

Quote from: bigbadbogie on November 16, 2009, 01:52:14 PM
These ships will predate even the artifacts from BZ1!!

They can be anything at all.

They should postdate... They should be the future form of a break off from the BZ1 artifact Cthonians.

Click on the image...

AHadley

I know you've just explained it all on MSN, but it still makes no sense to me... Everybody else seems to have got that this is pre- Fury War.

Don't take that the wrong way, you've just... confused me.

Nielk1

Thanks to the conversation I just had on MSN about the story:

The story badly suffers from a vacuum it creates for itself, where no other story, including the stories we know about, can exist.

This unit is completely useless if it does pre-date the furies as such it is not at all that type of technology. I have no such inspiration for such a date and I must point out that the story as it is now is fumbled together and broken. The attempts to include all storyline from the community has caused a horrible defecate and produced something too hobbled to actually work. It defies everything we know about Battlezone. I cannot find myself being part of something this damaging to the story I know and love, so unless the story is somehow adjusted to make some iota of sense in conjunction with what we know already about the Ancient and Modern Cthoians, I just will not work on it.

I have enough projects to work on that I see no point in working on something that does not add to the story but instead irreparably damages it.

A community project is not supposed to make everyone happy by including every ludicrous story element members can come up with but to be a place for the community to work together and make compromises. I was of course willing to compromise as others should have been but with the slag we now have as a story I do not see the worth in this project.

What is so startling is that this is the only mod that has any chance of completion that suffers from this. All other mods that had this issue, stories that meaninglessly rewrite static events without even bothering to state it is a 'what if', die on their own. I do not wish to work on a 'what if' that does not even reveal itself to be a 'what if' as this simply pulls the rug out from what we know.

I can help with adjusting the story, or I suggest Avatar because of all the research he has done in the area of the ancient Cthonians, but as it stands I will not be working.

Click on the image...

bigbadbogie

I'm afraid that I have to agree with Nk1.

If this CP in any way damages the original storyline, I will refuse to work on it.
Others would merely say it was good humour.

My BZ2 mods:

QF2: Essence to a Thief - Development is underway.

Fleshstorm 2: The Harvest - Released on the 6th of November 2009. Got to www.bz2md.com for details.

QF Mod - My first mod, finished over a year ago. It can be found on BZ2MD.com

Nielk1

I should clear one thing up.

I don't 'play' BZ2 anymore.
Actually I haven't even gotten to play so much as solitaire in the past 2 months but that is another issue.

For me Battlezone is an enthralling story and a place for me to concentrate my modeling, programming, and story writing. As such I take extreme attention to the story.

I help with other mods, beta testing and asset creation, as I feel it is a great way to improve and expand the Battlezone universe.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

QuoteI'm afraid that I have to agree with Nk1.

If this CP in any way damages the original storyline, I will refuse to work on it.

I will join you two in that, the story is the best part of the Battlezone saga!
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

AHadley

Quote from: iron maiden on November 16, 2009, 05:24:06 PM
I will join you two in that, the story is the best part of the Battlezone saga!

No, not really. It is hobbled together. There were major elements where Mr X and myself had to find a way around something, and inevitably the result came out rather hacky.

Nielk1

You have good major events, work on it some more, toss out some not major events?

Click on the image...

Mr X

I don't actually know that much about the Cthonians (my comp doesn't run BZ1, I've tried) so if someone would be willing to make suggestions as to making it fit in, I'd be grateful for it.

But I thought the technology difference could be explained by them being very far away from the main civilisation and so would develop differently to suit the environment.

If that isn't enough maybe they lose the ability to communicate with home for some reason.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

AHadley

My BZ1 won't run any more and I never really played it anyway, unfortunately.