• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

DISCUSSION of game Mechanics

Started by Nielk1, November 11, 2009, 09:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Clavin12

C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Both of you shut up.

Solar PGens, with a dynamic power or a static power?

Click on the image...

Clavin12

Static, Don't want them to be too complicated.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 12, 2009, 09:21:18 AM
Static, Don't want them to be too complicated.

Then how are they different from stock Pgens unless they turn on and off?

Click on the image...

Clavin12

They have to be at least a little similar to the other cthonians. I didn't know quite what you meant by dynamic. Explain?
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

A dynamic solar power generator would give power as a function of the current light situation on the map.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

It would require a great deal of balancing. I think we should stick with static non-solar power generators. Find some cool way to explain how they work. I still think a main power plant and multiple outlets would work.
C l a v i n 1 2

Nielk1

Just because you think it is hard to balance does not mean it is something we should not try.

Now, MORE suggestions.

Click on the image...

Clavin12

But it would require dlls specially made for every map, correct?
C l a v i n 1 2

Axeminister

As the game moves forward into more advanced and harder to beat modes I think the idea of the solar power plants dependng on the light from the map would be more fun since the darker maps would cause commanders to be cautious about what they build.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

Nielk1

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 12, 2009, 12:54:23 PM
But it would require dlls specially made for every map, correct?

It would require all maps that use it have a DLL written in C++ so they can all use the template containing the code. After the code is written, adding it to all DLLs would be approximately 3 lines of work. This does shaft non C++ DLLs for SP though, which might be for the best.

Click on the image...

Mr X

I've had an idea, how about making one of the three Cthonian races operate in the following way:

Instead of using power generators, base building have their own generators that create a surplus power, therefore the amount of guntowers you can have is restricted by the size of your base.

I'd also like to see relay bunkers that can be accessed by non-commanders.
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

sabrebattletank

I remember someone once put forth the ideas of capture points: What about control points, that if captured, gave the player/players team a slight advantage?
For example, I hold control point x for y minutes, and every couple of minutes a weapon spawns in my base.
Or, I hold point q for a couple of minutes, and then my ship moves 10% faster, or all of my team's ships move 10% faster, or GT's fire 10% faster, or something along those lines.
Or, I hold point z for a couple of minutes, and then my ships have 5% more armor.
Or, I hold point s;irtar for a couple of minutes, and my ships have increased armor/amo regen.

When I lose the control point, I lose the special powers when reasonable: the weapons dropped in my base might remain (but not spawn any more), but my ships return to normal flight/shoot speed and normal armor levels.