• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

DISCUSSION of game Mechanics

Started by Nielk1, November 11, 2009, 09:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Axeminister

I was driving earlier and thought more about Windy's idea with the crystals.
1). Have the power platform built by the constructor and as the tug moves in you can tell him to "drop off" the crystal at a loading point on one of the four corners on the platform( captured by an invisible mits mine that also serves as a place to point your reticle for the drop off) and it would hover over one of the four corners of the power platform. To upgrade the power simply drop off another crystal until all four corners have a crystal.
2). Or, have the power platform be a tug class object and the crystal be a deployable class object and when a tug drops a crystal near enough, the platform captures the crystal and holds it up in the air and deploys to create the power generator. This could also be done on four corners if the platform had the capabilities of four tugs, or not.
3). Currently the bomber bay is built by a constructor, so it can build a building with a vehicle on the top of it. Also currently, if you build a building right where a vehicle is sitting the invisible walls that reach the sky while the building process is happening always moves things to the edge of the build square. Well place a crystal (have it be some appropriate vehicle class) where you want the power generator and when the power platform is built the crystal simply gets pushed into place somehow, like the bomber.
There is no knowledge that is not power.

General BlackDragon

Quote from: ScarleTomato on November 12, 2009, 06:40:03 PM
You can build a small factory on each pool, these factories continuously build scrap transports that dont take up a command slot and immediatley are commanded to recycle at the recycler.

The more pools, the more transports per unit time, the faster your scrap increases. You have to defend the pools along with defending the path from the pool to the recy. You build base silos for extra capacity. For big maps you can build a off-site scrap drop so the transports don't have very far to go.

I like this idea. :)

ScarleTomato has really nice ideas :)

Here's one: Service bay that also spawns a tapped service pod on it. For quick refills. My FSB mod's Sbay has spawning health and ammo crates.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

Quote from: General BlackDragon on November 13, 2009, 11:35:55 AM
Here's one: Service bay that also spawns a tapped service pod on it. For quick refills. My FSB mod's Sbay has spawning health and ammo crates.

All 10 incarnations of NRV I have gone through have had that.

Click on the image...

AHadley

Quote from: Clavin12 on November 13, 2009, 06:54:23 AM
It'd be too complicating. imagine when yourn the middle of a big fight and you need reinforcments. You go to make but, Your out of Scrap! so you have to send out some scavs to collect the biometal crates to bring in enough scrap for a couple ships then you have to wait for more crates. In the meantime your getting torn to pieces.

Never played BZ1 then? No nice easy extractors there.

Zero Angel

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 13, 2009, 12:16:35 PM
All 10 incarnations of NRV I have gone through have had that.
Regardless, this is an excellent idea. I would like to mentally bookmark it for adding to a vet rec variant for 1.3.
QuoteAwareness, Teamwork, Discipline
Constantly apply these principles, and you will succeed in a lot of things, especially BZ2 team strat.
{bac}Zero Angel
Victory through superior aggression

iron maiden

perhaos we could have it so that certain units can only be made by loose scrap and others by extractors

[though that may get to hard and confusing.]
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Nielk1

Quote from: Zero Angel on November 13, 2009, 01:58:03 PM
Regardless, this is an excellent idea. I would like to mentally bookmark it for adding to a vet rec variant for 1.3.

Indeed. Revision 11 of my rec I am still working on is a factory that can make a large cluster of pods all at once.

Click on the image...

iron maiden

It would be very good to have, also like GBD's idea of the service pod in the service bay.

General BlackDragon

Where's my other post? maybe should incorperate it into this.

*****General BlackDragon*****

iron maiden

I would like everyone to know i have deleted the previous message that was here as I felt it brought this thread to a halt. I apologize for stopping it and will try to get it back on track. A few suggestions:

A) Some form of heavy rail gun type gun tower with awesome range

B) A kind of long range, missile defense system

C) On a mostly water map, perhaps some kind of strong boat unit

Are any feasible?

Clavin12

The boat would probably have to be a one time single mission from what I recall because it has to be done with dlls for it to work perfectly.
C l a v i n 1 2