• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

The Physics Nerds' Theory Thread

Started by AHadley, November 13, 2009, 12:47:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sabrebattletank

TheJamsh

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

CivBase

I have a question:  Why do shots disappear after a could hundred yards?  :P

iron maiden

I believe it is either due to the bio-metal or other weapons having only a limited range, or it is simply the games programming.
So we only get one chance can we take it
And we only get one life can't exchange it
Can we hold on to what we have don't replace it
The age of innocence is fading..... Like an old dream

Nielk1

Balancing.

And the loss of velocity, fuel, or simply energy or mass.

Click on the image...

mrtwosheds

Lazyness of the weaponsmiths...There is an xplExpire to define the effect of a shot expiring, it is not used at all in stock weapons, I like to make rockets and stuff that explode anyway. Other cool effects like dud shells dropping to the ground can also be made with simulateBase = "sim_ember" and renderBase = "draw_geom"

TheJamsh

damn... thought i had that idea first :P

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

Blunt Force Trauma

All this discussion about the physics and the 'reality' of the BZ universe made me remember a podcast at Thanksgiving with one of the biggest sci-fi authors of all time; Jerry Pournelle.

If you're familiar with HARD sci-fi genre and the top 10 writers of all time, one of which is certainly Larry Niven, Pournelle is Niven's buddy and co-writing  "science checker".  Of course...now...Pournelle has been a master writer in his own right for the last 20 years.

http://thisweekintech.com/223