• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Sand box mod help

Started by RABBITPOLICE, November 14, 2009, 06:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RABBITPOLICE

Ello guys im about to release the sand box mod but theres a problem im using the dm multiplayer format
and team 1 and 2 are alies I need to know how the teams on dm work in multiplayer
like team 1 = good
team 2 = bad

also were would I put the download link

thanks
The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

AHadley

In DM, each team is against every other.

1 vs 2 vs 3 vs 4 vs 5... etc.

TheJamsh

It depends, if you have teamplay on, then you only have teams 1 & 2 against each other IIRC. (N1 will do that thing he does where im wrong now :P). Teamplay is set by the maps .inf...

Aside from that... can we see something of this actually working, seeing as sandbox is impossible...

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

No editor in MP, remember, and no way will it ever be possible. That's thanks to all the spineless cheats who can't cope with a fair game.

As you may be able to tell, I am reformed. :lol:

RABBITPOLICE

i wanted to keep it a suprise but its a constructor who can build 81 items including ships in a dm map but i need it to work in team death match but team 1 and 2 are alies so how do i fix

The Rabbitpolice anti gangster task force was founded in 2003 but because this force is fiction there are still gangsters in oakland but a differnt force of cops are trying to get em out instead of calling the isdf (now a word from are sponsers)BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT JUST BEAT IT

Clavin12

Not use team 2, but team 5?
C l a v i n 1 2

AHadley

I would suggest trusting the players not to kill each other as soon as possible, as in GMod.

RABBITPOLICE

the constructor gots like a billion health

Ill try team 5 thanks =)

S.cavA.rmyG.en

Quote from: RABBITPOLICE on November 20, 2009, 06:04:50 PM
i wanted to keep it a suprise but its a constructor who can build 81 items including ships in a dm map but i need it to work in team death match but team 1 and 2 are alies so how do i fix

sounds like my SAT constructors but thay build 91 100 posseble but thats not enoth to build every thing in the game its not even enoth to build all thats in my MODs base tree.
speaking of wich you want me to make a verson for this MOD?
think it would take 8 totel constructors for everthing in the game that could have some space for all mods but I think only 4 max.
but still max units under one comander right now is 110 so its not inposable to fit everthing in some were. I still like 1.2 unit classes in some mods each F# grope could have 100 units or more
just you could not select 90 of them.
│░│
│▒│
│▒│
│▓│
│▓│
│▓│Behold The Power Of Scrap.
If it works in-game, it doesn't matter how wierd and broken it looks code wise!
what is scrap if its not wierd and broken?

RABBITPOLICE

if you wanna make a version for this mod you can but my computers broke so i cant release until its fixed.
Oh and how did you manage to squeeze 91 items in constructor

Shadow Knight

Probably by using sub menus, like GH's constructors.

Mr X

Quote from: Shadow Knight on December 18, 2009, 06:22:42 PM
Probably by using sub menus, like GH's constructors.

If the max is nine options per menu then 81 is your limit with sub-menus (9x9)

91 would require sub-sub-menus (is this possible?)
http://www.bzuniverse.com/forum/index.php/topic,10101.0.html
starting January 2010!

TheJamsh

nothing can have sub-submenus.

81 items is maxmum for a constructor type unit. 100 items for a factory or building-based construction unit.

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

Quote from: S.cavA.rmyG.en on November 27, 2009, 08:48:17 PM
sounds like my SAT constructors but thay build 91 100 posseble

In which case this is completely untrue. They do not build 91 at all, nor could they.

Show us proof and we'll believe you.

mrtwosheds

Quote81 items is maxmum for a constructor type unit.
Which is far too many for anyone playing bz2 to deal with.