• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

MPI Map for PB 5.1- Omenmap

Started by Zinlu, November 15, 2009, 11:10:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zinlu

Offering this MPI Map up for critique. Fair warning, it's a really big map, but there's lots of pools and hopefully lots of action.  Thanks Greenheart!

http://www.mediafire.com/?mejoemdj2iq

Extract to your Battlezone II folder and enjoy.

*Edit* Reuploaded with correct folder destinations, sorry it took so long.
Hesitation is Weakness!

TheJamsh

If this is for PB5.1, it should go in the maps13 folder, NOT addon. And... its an MPI map if its in multiplayer folder :P

Aside from that, i opened it up in the editor quickly and i really like the sky :). I used cloudless snow in one of my maps too and it does give a very different atmosphere to things.

Considering you came out of nowhere, well done :)

BZII Expansion Pack Development Leader. Coming Soon.

AHadley

TheJamsh

Zinlu

Okie doke, I will get it rezipped later tonight when I am at home(and have the folder structure).  I'll reupload it tomorrow or the next time I am over here at my sister's.  Thanks!  That's my favorite sky.

If you think it's addon pack worthy, feel free to add it in.  I'd be thrilled.
Hesitation is Weakness!

General BlackDragon

Actually, I perfer continuation of putting maps/added assets into addon folder. It works just as well, and helps keep stock stuff seperate from user added things that could cause bad assets.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

Quote from: General BlackDragon on November 16, 2009, 05:19:48 PM
Actually, I perfer continuation of putting maps/added assets into addon folder. It works just as well, and helps keep stock stuff seperate from user added things that could cause bad assets.

Maps just plain should not cause BA, and they should go in map13 for the very same reason the maps13 folder exists.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Assets can go into addon, but map .bzn and .inf files should just plain go into maps13. I keep having to extract the maps from ZE every time i install it to put them in the maps13 folder!

General BlackDragon

it works fine in addon  :x

Call me oldschool or call me wanting to keep user added stuff separate from stock stuff.

*****General BlackDragon*****

Nielk1

They go IN maps13 so mods can disable them. Stop messing up the system GBD. This is as if you still put them in data once we moved on to addon all those years ago. Yes, I was around for that.

Click on the image...

TheJamsh

Quote from: Nielk1 on November 17, 2009, 03:10:37 PM
They go IN maps13 so mods can disable them.

THATS the reason... couldn't bloody remember this morning. (ill atm)