• Welcome to Battlezone Universe.

News:

Welcome to the BZU Archive dated December 24, 2009. Topics and posts are in read-only mode. Those with accounts will be able to login and browse anything the account had access granted to at the time. No changes to permissions will be made to be given access to particular content. If you have any questions, please reach out to squirrelof09/Rapazzini.

Main Menu

Experimental Build

Started by Ultraken, November 16, 2009, 12:44:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steeveeo

Fresh install straight from CD, installed HEAT, applied the patch, restarted my computer, and immediately got an error upon attempting to start BZ:

bzone.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point dpReportCrashEx could not be located in the dynamic link library anet2.dll.

Does this have anything to do with having HEAT installed?

Specs:

Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0ghz
Windows XP SP3
nVidia GeForce 8800GT
2GB 675mhz Corsair RAM
Soundblaster Audigy 2

(Click it for more art, y'know you wanna!)

Gone to college, but I now have internet.

Ultraken

Quote from: eddywright on November 17, 2009, 05:55:00 PM
I tried out the new EXE on Windows XP SP2 and Nvidia video card with updated video drivers. I'll try it with Vista64 and 8800GTX video card next.

Everything seemed work fine, no issues so far, tried both SP and MP. I expect to have more issues with Vista64 though.
Good to know.  :)

You mentioned uncapping the framerate, mine is still running right at 60fps. Vsync?
Yes.  My fix was based on one Tug had done, but I just catch the zero time step case instead of restricting the frame rate to 100.  If unusually high frame rates introduce simulation or networking problems, I may need to reintroduce the cap.  BZ1 doesn't separate simulation from rendering the way BZ2 does.

Dx

Quote from: Ultraken on November 17, 2009, 07:52:35 PM
Good to know.  :)
Yes.  My fix was based on one Tug had done, but I just catch the zero time step case instead of restricting the frame rate to 100.  If unusually high frame rates introduce simulation or networking problems, I may need to reintroduce the cap.  BZ1 doesn't separate simulation from rendering the way BZ2 does.

The fps cap is something i asked tug for in order to prevent another bug that occured in online play.
We decided on 100 to prevent tearing and not waste the cpu processing frames you would never see.
Slow pc's with highly fluctuating frame rates cause lag online.

The current build is fluctuating on colli from 48 to a bit over 100fps on my 2.4Ghz pc.

Ultraken

Quote from: Dx on November 17, 2009, 08:09:15 PM
The fps cap is something i asked tug for in order to prevent another bug that occured in online play.  We decided on 100 to prevent tearing and not waste the cpu processing frames you would never see.  Slow pc's with highly fluctuating frame rates cause lag online.

Well, I just learned something...

I figured it was there for a reason, but I didn't know what.  I'll put it back, then.

The current build is fluctuating on colli from 48 to a bit over 100fps on my 2.4Ghz pc.
That's using the software renderer, I presume.

Dx

Hardware mode with the ATI 9800 pro 128mb

Ultraken

I see.  What do you get with your normal executable?

Commando

I'm glad to see bz1 isn't dead.  There are definately things I miss from bz1 that bz2 lacks.  Mainly support for undeployable recyclers without having to edit dll files.

Dx

About 150fps in a battle or up to 350fps looking at sky or looking at a small section of map.

Ultraken

Wow, that's a big difference...

Steeveeo

Quote from: Steeveeo on November 17, 2009, 07:11:20 PM
Fresh install straight from CD, installed HEAT, applied the patch, restarted my computer, and immediately got an error upon attempting to start BZ:

bzone.exe - Entry Point Not Found

The procedure entry point dpReportCrashEx could not be located in the dynamic link library anet2.dll.

Does this have anything to do with having HEAT installed?

Specs:

Intel E8400 Core2Duo 3.0ghz
Windows XP SP3
nVidia GeForce 8800GT
2GB 675mhz Corsair RAM
Soundblaster Audigy 2

Hello? Fatal error here. Any ideas?

eddywright

Quote from: Steeveeo on November 17, 2009, 10:56:35 PM
Hello? Fatal error here. Any ideas?

Steveeo, did you try BZ before adding the new bzone.exe? Be sure to set the resolution to something other than 640x480.

Eddy

Red Devil

Sounds like you need that 'AntiLagXP'/wininet2 fix.
What box???

Dx

We don't use the old anti lag patch anymore.
Here are the other files you need:
winets2.dll
servers.dat

As for "procedure entry point dpReportCrashEx could not be located in the dynamic link library anet2.dll".
This usually means you didn't install 1.4 patch first.

Ultraken

Good point.  The new executable is just a drop-in substitute and requires a fully-patched BZ install.  I probably should have mentioned that...

Steeveeo